Diesel Place banner

Vote for the best diesel

2K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Tsckey 
#1 ·
We got to get on the band wagon and vote for the best diesel. Scroll down and on the left of the screen you will see the balot.

http://www.citydiesel.net/

#2 ·
Better get on it right away. Vote early; vote often. We're next to last so far.

TC

#6 ·
Well atleast were ahead of the 6.2/6.5 I don't get it even if I drove Dod** I would like the DMAX better because of how quiet it is and the power it has.

#7 ·
Hey, we're just barely in 3'rd now but what an uphill battle!

#9 ·
chevy duramax? shoot I cant vote, ive got a gmc duramax

#10 ·
I think the current results are correct. The Duramax has a seriously faulted fuel system. If that were not the case then I feel it is a great engine but hampered by complex electronics and this fueling issue.

The Cummins design features simplicity, a history of longevity and reliability. If these are important over performance then I think the poll is showing that.

#12 ·
captainmal said:
I think the current results are correct. The Duramax has a seriously faulted fuel system. If that were not the case then I feel it is a great engine but hampered by complex electronics and this fueling issue.

The Cummins design features simplicity, a history of longevity and reliability. If these are important over performance then I think the poll is showing that.
captain.... you cornfuse me.

The new Cummins uses the same injection system as the Dmax.

You just picked up a brand new Dmax. Why?

#14 ·
I voted for the 6.2/6.5!

My old 97's 600,000 miles can't be wrong!

when my duramax catches up and proves to be as trouble free I'll clear my cookies and re-vote.

#15 ·
Were in second place now (voted twice today once yesterday but I am done) I got to tell you though, I was at a campground this past weekend. I saw about 3 dodges (sounds like a hundred
) probably 30 Fords and 3 Duramax Diesels. There were a bunch of gas rigs but I didn't pay them too much attention. Seems to me like Ford should be on top. They should have 3 votes. 1) engine, 2)drivetrain 3) looks. Here is my vote. 1) CHEVY / GMC (quiet), 2) CHEVY / GMC (Allison)& 3) GMC (no goofy grill)

#16 ·
Hello, I just purchased a D/A, I was a former CTD owner and I just want to set the record straight. Although the cummins is good, it also has a great deal of problems with fuel delivery. The fuel pump is very weak witch in turn damages the VP44 injection pump people have tried putting a fuel booster pump to stop this. Still no solution. If you did'nt like the DMAX why did you buy one?

#18 ·
Ok now we have to vote for all those D/A owners that don't know about this site.

#20 ·
Okay, I'd already voted earlier, but I remembered how much my mother-in-law would like one of these trucks if she had one, so I voted for her, too.

TC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.