Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my volant intake and I am pretty disappointed with its quality, mainly with the tube and its sleeves. It just seems like a rigged up kit. It did seem to add a little bit more power, but I think I'd go with another system if I had to do it all over again.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
what do you guys dislike about it so much

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its pretty just a box around a large filter with a plastic pipe that has some rubber sleeves to connect it. I'm gonna test it out to see if theres any difference in mpg. But I mean come on 250 bucks for a plastic tube and box with some rubber sleeves.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
All intake kits are pretty much the same and cost the same. At least its not one of those open top/sheet metal 2 sided boxes (not really a box) with a rubber gasket thats suppose to form a seal against the hood.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
812 Posts
So do you think you should have gotten the AEM with the dry flow filter. dave

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
No, the Volant system works for me. But do like the new ideal of that "dry filter". I might look into adding that filter into the Volant air box.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
So do you think you should have gotten the AEM with the dry flow filter. dave
i think that filter will be the new way to go because of the no oil and that will keep a lot of people from over oiling the filter and will keep that MAF clean

·
Registered
489 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but how can they call them "cold air intake" no fridge invovled to cool the air. As I see it it sucks in air from the outside of the truck, wether it is 32* or 115* like in Vegas at time??

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
its pretty just a box around a large filter with a plastic pipe that has some rubber sleeves to connect it. I'm gonna test it out to see if theres any difference in mpg. But I mean come on 250 bucks for a plastic tube and box with some rubber sleeves.
Ahhhh, that's what an intake system is.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but how can they call them "cold air intake" no fridge invovled to cool the air. As I see it it sucks in air from the outside of the truck, wether it is 32* or 115* like in Vegas at time??
but that 115 is still cooler than the engine bay temp

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Didn't know AEM had a dry filter, does it work :confused:
from what i have read on it, it seems to be better than the K&N or other oil type filters if they have a good system for the duramax that is the one i would buy

·
Registered
513 Posts
but that 115 is still cooler than the engine bay temp

:exactly:
When I had an Edge, I would routinely see module temps (the part of the box mounted in the engine compartment) of 190 degree. That was running empty and not towing. Who knows how hot it gets under there while towing. :eek:

·
Registered
812 Posts
It'll be in monday. dave
Well it went on real easy and it look's nice and it doesn't whistle as loud as the trueflow i had so i'm happy. SOP it feel's like it spool's alittle faster and pull's harder but who know's i'm just getting set up for the big tune;) cause they say you need one of these dohickies to produce better #'s. dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.