Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body in the forum, besides Bodysurfer, that has any experience with this product? Heard they had a decent rep on gas motors, just curious if there were any fellow Diesel Heads with experience?

BTW, My Fiancee is about one step away from orderring a new VW Passat TDI Diesel. What a Nice Ride!
Her favorite part is back and forth to work for 1 week on one tank of fuel!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Silveradogs said:
BTW, My Fiancee is about one step away from orderring a new VW Passat TDI Diesel. What a Nice Ride!
Her favorite part is back and forth to work for 1 week on one tank of fuel!

Go on now, push her. You know you just want to.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a matter of her finances, 2 kids in college, etc. Her 97 Intrepid is getting it's wheels run off it, not the kind of car for high mileage, MOPAR= Mostly Old Parts And Rags

She wants the Passat, drove a Jetta TDI, and she was VERY IMPRESSED with the Little 1.9 Litre Motor's performance. So was I. Came off an exit ramp, at 40 mph, let it drop down to about 30, upshifted from 3rd to 4th to lug it, and put my foot to the floor. No chug, no chatter from the drivetrain, just a nice everbuilding torque grab in the seat of your pants. the little motor that could!

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Silveradogs said:
Any body in the forum, besides Bodysurfer, that has any experience with this product? Heard they had a decent rep on gas motors, just curious if there were any fellow Diesel Heads with experience?

Hey, you mentioned my name
. Thx! Well just to let you know, I have had no problems with this intake system. Truck loves its new lungs. No codes through like some systems or OEM K&N replacement filter does sometimes. Do like the new whisle sound of the turbo. Think its cuz you remove that plastic 6.6L logo box that sits over the intake body and the larger intake tube from the box and big round filter. Here's a pic of it installed:

And I have to show you the rig:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I ran a Volant on my old gasser, actually still have it. It was a nice system. I just changed my OEM filter yesterday and got a first hand look at the air box up close. Looks to me like the area in the fender well immediately at the instake of the airbox is sealed up with a chrome colored tape and doesn't allow any cool air in from the fender. Does the Volant box directly connect directly to the fender well.

Also, excuse me for being a novice - this is my first diesel. I was under the impression that diesels/turbos required a larger volume of air and that's why there's always some type of air intake inlet located on the front end of the vehicle. How come our trucks don't have that?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Needs more air holes. They should be coming out with a duct that will connect to your spoiler tow hook hole. Not out yet.
Scott

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would seem to get it plenty of air. Nice High Pressure area. Any idea when this scoop is coming out?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Inlet not much bigger than a baseball. After a couple months of use i noticed only the bottom side of the filter barely dirty. I feel that i am getting more air now, but who knows as far as performance goes. The filter area gets full use now. That scoop should help but I don't know when it will be released.
Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts