Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and can't really get a straight answer so someone please confirm. I will be picking up an 06 Duramax CC SB in the next week or 2. I would love to add the lift kit, as my current truck has a 6 in lift and I can't imagine going back down to stock again.
My question is, if I add a 6-8in lift kit, will this completely void my drivetrain and suspension warranty? or completely void the entire trucks warranty.

The dealer I went to was a complete ass and told the the entire truck is void (unless they put the lift on)
I know that 4 wheel parts are putting the lifts on for these stealers and I would NEVER let 4 wheel parts touch my truck, besides, they add about $10,000 to the sticker price for the lift.

Don't most lift manufacturers warranty their kits anyways?
I just don't want to end up with a brand new truck and no warranty.

·
Registered
581 Posts
All depends on what dealer you go to. Call around and see if you can find a lift freindly one. Of course there is still no garantee they will honor it if something goes.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
the lift will only void the warranty of what ever part fails, and only if it is found to be the direct cause, i.e. bigger tires and the tranny goes. if you lift it and the u-joints go, you might get away with a warranty once, probably not twice. just an example.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Find a good dealer, I have never had a problem (knock on wood). Just be respectful and don't demand anything, most will be fair.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a go then, thanks guys.

·
Registered
183 Posts
yes, i agree the dealers usually are not to bad if you tread lightly and the damaged part is not directly at fault because of lift. On second truck and so far no problems... plus going 6" or so is not to bad, it is when i was getting last truck serviced and a guy came in with 10-12" lift running 40's... not good there...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts