Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen one at Best Buy. $504.00? Remote start, alarm functions, LCD display. Anyone care for this brand, any good?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Absolutely!

I had the paging, LCD remote Viper Alarm on my gasser! The range was incredible and the paging remote is great. In the dorms, I could start my truck through a wall and about 500 yards down the hill. The system was much better than my current system for range and ease of use.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have an Autopage alarm and remote start combo and it works awesome! It is WAY cheaper then Viper and I promise it will give you great performance. Just check into it. To give you a idea.....I paid $79.00 for mine!):h And installed it myself.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Absolutely!

I had the paging, LCD remote Viper Alarm on my gasser! The range was incredible and the paging remote is great. In the dorms, I could start my truck through a wall and about 500 yards down the hill. The system was much better than my current system for range and ease of use.
What do you currently have? I really wanted the Astrostart 5204, but money is tight(working of cash here, don't have any credit cards, until now--best buy) so I wanted to get something quick but good, while I'm here in Fort Worth, TX.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
You should be able to do an astro start for that price. If not a 5204 an 2205 with alarm.

DEI is pretty good stuff. I don't care for the external relays and some other small details but to the end user it is irrelevant.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have that system and love it! For a first timer, it was a bit difficult to install, but it has worked flawlessly. I would buy it again.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Mine works great. I really like having the 2 way remote, remote start, turbo timer.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have the Viper system on both my trucks. Works great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts