Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2018 L5P 2500. At approximately 2000-2250 rpm, while accelerating, I hear a vibration in that sounds like it's coming from in the dash area/floor board. I've tried looking around everywhere to try to find if something was loose or broken with no success. I've read around about a heater hose being zip tied, but I don't see how that can be a fix. The heater hoses don't seem to be making contact with anything. If anyone has had a similar experience and has some solutions, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
17,971 Posts
Could you, well, maybe, just maybe, tie them together and see?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am experiencing the same thing. Could someone post a photo of how/where they tywrapped the hoses together?

·
Administrator
17,205 Posts
I am experiencing the same thing. Could someone post a photo of how/where they tywrapped the hoses together?
If you use the "Community Search" function located at the top of your screen, you can find examples of what you need: (y)
zip tie.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
thank you

·
Registered
340 Posts
Shouldn’t be the heater hoses causing a buzz on an L5P. That was a LML specific issue. Being that you didn’t say there specifically you’re hearing the noise from, my first guess is this: there’s a metal panel behind the plastic trim below the steering column, the plastic panel is what holds the hood release. Sometimes the screws on that metal panel back out and can cause a buzz or rattle sound. It was Somewhat common on 14/15 half tons, haven’t seen one in a while, but I don’t typically do trim work. Haven’t seen it on a 3/4 or 1 ton yet, either, but the dash has all the same basic construction.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Shouldn’t be the heater hoses causing a buzz on an L5P. That was a LML specific issue. Being that you didn’t say there specifically you’re hearing the noise from, my first guess is this: there’s a metal panel behind the plastic trim below the steering column, the plastic panel is what holds the hood release. Sometimes the screws on that metal panel back out and can cause a buzz or rattle sound. It was Somewhat common on 14/15 half tons, haven’t seen one in a while, but I don’t typically do trim work. Haven’t seen it on a 3/4 or 1 ton yet, either, but the dash has all the same basic construction.
The vibration sounds like it is coming from the passengers side , below the dashboard.

·
Administrator
17,205 Posts
The vibration sounds like it is coming from the passengers side , below the dashboard.
It could be an interior component like the glove box or dash itself. Exterior wise it could be an exhaust heat shield or exhaust pipe rub on the frame, loose bolt/nut, etc

Reactions: rob1

·
Registered
340 Posts
Another thing that comes to mind is missing screws for the lower glove box, it gets removed to check a cabin air filter. The screws thread into metal inserts in the plastic dash that can rattle under certain conditions. Assuming there’s nothing in the glove box that’s rattling (that’s happened before too), I’d be checking for loose screws if it sounds like it’s in the cab. I have not seen Or heard of any issues with external noises transferring into the cab on L5P’s yet. Not to say it can’t happen, just not likely.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Have you verified it's not the passenger seat belt vibrating against the doorpost?

Reactions: rob1

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you verified it's not the passenger seat belt vibrating against the doorpost?
Yea, I usually have someone in the passenger seat with the seat belt secured.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Not the seatbelt then... but it has frustrated more than a few.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts