Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned my truck on the other morning just like any other day, drove off and noticed that the power just wasn't there and the response sucked. I figured that it was the fuel filter (i've had that problem before) and just replaced it today in hopes of that solving my power issue. It didn't. It responded a just a little better than it did but is still lagging significantly. I heard it make a clacking sound (louder than the normal diesel engine sound) for a few seconds around the 2000rpm range accelerating up a hill and when I went to pass someone then it would stop. That sound is kind of spuratic and only does it for a second or two at most. It sounds like it could either be a very rich mixture of a very lean mixture to me. The boost hit about 29psi when I hit it and definately wasnt giving the power it did the day before. It feels like its only getting about 75% of the power to the wheels. I know that the Edge doesn't turn on at 100% until the engine hits 160 degrees but when i was testing it, it was over 180 so i know that it isn't the Edge box. Could this be bad injectors or something worse? :eek: Its at the dealer right now but of course i wanted to run this by everyone else to avoid a dealer scam if possible. Any inputs are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
I hope you took the Edge off.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course. I don't know of anyone who would leave it on for dealership work.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
bvilaubi;1575128; said:
Of course. I don't know of anyone who would leave it on for dealership work.
You'd be surprised!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts