Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a video clip of a very fast F**d which was taken at The Strip in Vegas but do not have a website to make it avail. for everyone. If some would like to post it I would be happy to maill it to you. The file is about 6meg or so.

The truck is a 97 F-350 and it runs 11.42 @ 118mph. Many of you may have already seen this video elsewhere, but the sound of the turbo is just beyond belief which is why I am asking for someone to host it. It must put out around 40-50 lbs of boost and I'm sure its got twins. The truck looks like it has about 35's also. Pretty cool Vid. Let me know.

Sorry if this is elsewhere on this site I didn't bother to look for a F**d video, but I made an exception for this!

Jason

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
That ford has a cummins in it IIRC.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Its also close to 100lbs of boost i heard. Not a bad time for a big truck like that. I think the dmax is gonna top that this year. By who...........who knows, probably quite a few.jmo

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Ford with Cummins indeed .... Owned by Richard Madsen (Maddog) and reading at a recent Edge event he dyno'd @ 563 RWHP .... He holds the DHRA class record 11.29 @ 118 MPH ....

Where is Tomac ....

Other interesting reading from the event was ,who going to do the cost of HP math ??

A 2001 Dodge put out 477 RWHP thanks to an Edge Comp ,nitrous ,a larger turbo,overbored injectors and oh ya exhaust ....

Yipes !!!!!!!! The dead presidents to get there ....

Mac

Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Mac- I read something about Maddog dynoing and it was 801rwhp. It was in a magazine, if i can find it again i'll post it.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
heartbeatcanada said:
Mac- I read something about Maddog dynoing and it was 801rwhp. It was in a magazine, if i can find it again i'll post it.

Info was from current TDR rag ....So you'll have to take my word for it .....
Thats what I don't like about the DHRA (see below) where are the results on their site ??

Mac

DHRA

<H3>09/14/03-00 (DIV6) - New Street Diesel All Motor Records Set </H3>
Today, 9/14, Nathan Wright of Boise, Idaho, set the DHRA National Records for Street Diesel All Motor E/T and MPH at Rocky Mountain Raceway: 12.491 sec @ 109.64 MPH. Stay tuned for all the race results.

A special thanks to Edge Products and Rocky Mountain Raceway for putting together a great race day for the DHRA!

<HR>

<H3>09/02/03-00 (DIV6) - Weekend on the Edge September 13th & 14th </H3>
Ogden, UT and Rocky Mountain Raceway are the venues for the biggest race in the West. Contact Edge Products 801-476-3343 or visit them www.edgeproductsinc.com for more information on a wonderful weekend!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I'll get the mag. tomorrow, i think a buddy has it still. If memory serves me correct it was at BullyDogs dyno days last year. There was another high hp dodge too, Chris Sutton and that was in the 700's. Either that or i've been inhaling too much diesel fumes and i'm holusinating(sp)

If he went that fast on only that little hp, then i'm jumpin ship cause i know of some dmaxs with 200hp more and coming close to that record.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
heartbeatcanada said:
I'll get the mag. tomorrow, i think a buddy has it still. If memory serves me correct it was at BullyDogs dyno days last year. There was another high hp dodge too, Chris Sutton and that was in the 700's. Either that or i've been inhaling too much diesel fumes and i'm holusinating(sp)

If he went that fast on only that little hp, then i'm jumpin ship cause i know of some dmaxs with 200hp more and coming close to that record.

Maybe he left a turbo home to make it interesting at the Edge event ... Maybe his Cummins had a cold or sum'tin ....

I too thought he was putting down a much higher number but what I reported is right here in front of me in black and white in a TDR (pro Dodge mag)so it must be true ...

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When is Tomac going for the DHRA street record?? He has already run in the low 12's w/o gas. He needs to get his name in the record book this year!
BTW, when you pump 100 lbs of air into an engine, how do you keep the heads on
, just weld them down I guess, hehehe
. Not to be off topic, but does anybody know how much boost the big farm type tractor pullers run?? They gotta be in the 100+ range?

Well I'm also grad to see that a jokestroke did not run that number. I hope a Dmax get there soon.

Jason

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Actually some of them do weld the heads. Hard to beleive, but true story.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
My buddy just relayed the numbers to me.

Maddog- 793hp - 1413trq

Chris Sutton- 741hp - 1305trq

These numbers were early last summer, so they might be higher now.

The dmax is right there with those numbers, in fact a couple that i know of are over those numbers.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
If your talking about the cummins, then as far as i know yes. They have also had a 12 year head start though. I think the max is gonna be king within a year or 2. jmo though. Wait till Muncie and see whats gonna go down.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Mackin'

Richard spun his wheels really bad on that dyno at Edge's place and therefore didn't get a correct dyno number, although I don't think he much cares about dyno numbers.

I can't force Richard (the one responsible for posting the results) or any of the directors to post the results for that matter, we just have to hope for them to do it because they want to. We don't have the funding just yet to "force" them to do their job that they have volunteered for. I get frustrated too about it, but then I remind myself that we are just lucky to have an organization that cares about diesel pickups, right?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Eric McBride said:
Mackin'

Richard spun his wheels really bad on that dyno at Edge's place and therefore didn't get a correct dyno number, although I don't think he much cares about dyno numbers.

I can't force Richard (the one responsible for posting the results) or any of the directors to post the results for that matter, we just have to hope for them to do it because they want to. We don't have the funding just yet to "force" them to do their job that they have volunteered for. I get frustrated too about it, but then I remind myself that we are just lucky to have an organization that cares about diesel pickups, right?

Yes you are correct Eric .....

Mac

·
Registered
909 Posts
I remember seeing that video, it does give the chills.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Heartbeatcanada wrote,

"The dmax is right there with those numbers, in fact a couple that i know of are over those numbers.
"

Just wondering what it takes to get a Duramax there?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
They're not mine and i'm not at liberty to tell. Probably a couple of tidbits got left out on purpose as well. There's a couple of guys that are KING around here, that are even more impressive as they still are running on stock injectors and stock turbo. Its all trial and error.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I wasn't looking for part numbers.

But from what you're saying it sounds like mostly computer programing if they are running stock injectors and turbos. Pretty impressive! I can't imagine what kind of egt's they're making.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.