·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the window channel or stick on???

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
stick on. you want your window to wistle????(sp)

·
Registered
89 Posts
My in the channel visors don't whistle at all. I have used both Weathertech and EGR brands. I prefer the in channel design due to a sleaker profile and easy to remove when you want to.

On a side note: the Weathertech in channel visors will fit with TTT mirrors without modification and the EGR visors will fit with slight trimming on the front leading edge. This applies to a 2002 with TTT mirrors.

My $.02 worth.

Joe

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Channel, look nicer in my opinion and as in my case, easy to remove when going from your old truck to your new one!!

·
Registered
958 Posts
I had the factory stick-ons, had to tear them off when I put the TTT mirrors on. Who makes the in-channel ones?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have always used the stick ons with no complaints. There's my .02.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
My personal choice is Weathertech. Come in clear, smoke and dark. went smoke in the front to match the tint, dark in the rear to match the tint. The nice thing about these is the front's go all the way down in the front to the base of the window vs most which only go down to about the top of the mirror base.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all.

I'm going to try the Weathertech in channel. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll post back with my $.02 worth.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm happy. No whistle, less wind noise (I keep telling myself) and I can drive in the mornings with the window open 2" and not get soaked at every stop light/sign. I also like the look or actually the lack of. The only thing I don't like is the fact that the glass does slid on the plastic. You can here the grit sanding away, so far the glass is OK.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
958 Posts
THanks for the report, I was going to get a set of those myself. I put the TTT mirrors on and had to get rid of the stick-on ventshades.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts