Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know somebody posted them here recently but damned if i can find em!

I just got a copy of the event history, lists 3300 Scheduled for production Effective date: 12/23/03 End date: 12/24 03 Does this mean my truck has been built?
It also list code 3400 Broadcast Effective date 12/24/04 with no end date listed also no vin listed. Maybe I'm not getting the last truck nuilt in 03 after all?
Maybe the first of 04?
They may have to lock me in a rubber room by the time this thing arrives!
I ordered this truck the first time (long story) on 10/22/03 seems like a lifetime ago.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
That's a weird one all right.

3300 means it's going to be built that week.

I think 3400 means it's been built or maybe is being built, not sure, but the final assembly plants were closed 12-24-03 to 01-04-04 with production resuming on 01-05-04.

So in theory, you should have a VIN, but the date on the code reflects a day no trucks were built. Haven't you gotten any update from your dealer since Monday?

VooDoo and baimpala might have the rest of the codes, I only bothered with them through 3300 with my dealer and he's the one who mentioned 3400 meant it was built. There's also one according to a post meaning it's "bayed", one for been shipped and baimpala said he found out 5000 is delivered.

I wouldn't be able to stand it, I'd be on my dealer's porch waiting for him to open up and check the VOMS status of your order.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Can't really help out on this one. I did find out from my dealer that 5000 is delivered, but he didn't offer any other information on what other codes were available to him or what they meant. . . .

Dennis

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Zeeb said:
Okay here's the word I got from my dealer when talking about the process.

They refer to the various stages by number, I think that's a computer line code.

1. 1101 The dealer gets on his computer and orders the truck, if it meets the criteria for what's available he gets an order number before signing off.

2. 1100 The order is pre-accepted.

3. 2000 The order is accepted by GM.

4. 2500 The order is preferenced, in my case both the change to 2000 and 2500 happened on the same day.

5. 3000 The order is accepted by production control and issued a TPW, in my case that took two weeks to the day. Order changes can still be made at this point but it will delay the TPW, this is where my truck is now and it was ordered by the dealer 11-17-03. The initial TPW I got was for 1-12-04, but it was kicked back to 1-19-04 a week after it was first issued.

6. 3100 The order is committed to production, end of change window.

7. 3200 He couldn't remember what that means and mine hasn't gotten there yet.

8. 3300 The truck will build that week.

There may be other codes that one of the dealers could fill us in on, but that's what I was able to come up with in talking to the dealer just now. Your question prompted me to call him since he's been talking about these numbers and stages of the order process all along, but I never paid a lot of attention to it.

Hope it helps.

edit info: I forgot your other question and you'll love the answer... GM shuts down between Christmas and New Year's.... My dealer wasn't sure exactly how many days it would be either, it could start before Christmas or end after New Year's sometime.....

Godfreys,

Here are the rest of the codes that Zeeb previously posted in case you are still looking for them.

Dennis

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys. I called the Dealership today only to find that my salesmans vacation turned sick time just became "Peter no longer works here" so I guess i'll be calling the sales manager next.

I'm hoping to hear something soon from Howard so that I will know when my truck will arrive since I no longer have a sales man looking out for it. I'll be glad when this whole process is over. Then i start shopping in ernest for a new fifth wheel (after I sell my old camper).

Hopefully some time this spring I'll be able to sit by a campfire drinking a few beers and admire my new toys.

Waiting is hell.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Godfreys,

Sorry I can't help you out either. Since I received my build date from GM, I've kinda left my dealer alone. I think I will give him a call just to get an update though.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Godfreys,

Talked to the dealer today, he called and I was hoping it was with news mine had gone to 3300, but just another 3100 showed up. I asked him about the 3400 and he said it means the truck is being shipped. Couldn't tell me if that means in GM's yard, the railcar or where, just that it's being shipped.

So if you've got a 3400, I'd say that means it's been built and is in the shipping process. Wonder if they shipped things while the assembly plant was closed, or if it sat there till last Monday?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Godfreys said:
I know somebody posted them here recently but damned if i can find em!

I just got a copy of the event history, lists 3300 Scheduled for production Effective date: 12/23/03 End date: 12/24 03 Does this mean my truck has been built?
It also list code 3400 Broadcast Effective date 12/24/04 with no end date listed also no vin listed. Maybe I'm not getting the last truck nuilt in 03 after all?
Maybe the first of 04?
They may have to lock me in a rubber room by the time this thing arrives!
I ordered this truck the first time (long story) on 10/22/03 seems like a lifetime ago.

Godfreys,

Did you ever find out where your truck is?

I found out yesterday that my truck was "3400 broadcast" so the dealer called GM to find out what that was since the dealer VOMS is up to 48 hrs. behind the actual event.

GM guy said that meant it was being built and he had a partial serial number, BUT, he also said "there's very little chance it could be kicked back a week at this point". That wasn't something I wanted to hear. I've not waited as long as you have, but I'm into this two months now and I'm getting close to the "rubber room" syndrome as well...

The possibility that it could still be kicked back hadn't even entered my mind once it went 3400, but that was based on my understanding of the event codes, and it did not "make my day".

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Zeeb, I'm starting to think this thing might actually be real!

My dealer still hasn't been much help as the salesman quit so now I'm dealing directly with the finance guy.

However! A "Little Birdie" has informed me that my truck is in fact built and on its way. Left the Pontiac plant on a train last friday. He even got me some tracking info so I can keep tabs on it. Last word it is due to arrive at the train station in my area tomorrow so being the eternal optimist I'm thinking I might be driving it early next week! All I can say is I hope this truck lasts as long as the wait feels!

Good luck with yours, I'll keep you posted.

Jim G.

Edited by: Godfreys

·
Registered
162 Posts
I originally received a TPW of 01-26-04. The truck was ordered and picked-up by GM on 12-16-03. I called the dealer today and the TPW was moved up to 01-19-04. It seems that date holds sway with more than one future truck owner on this site. Maybe due to the holidays it slowed some and then moved others faster once the production started up again.

Trying not to get too excited, but at times it feels like "high school" again.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
SonnyBear,

You Crew Cab guys getting trucks from Flint have all the luck.... Is it a "bowtie" or a GMC?

Seems like us GMC or anything built in Pontiac guys, the RC's and EC's, are having a lot longer wait......

·
Registered
162 Posts
Zeeb,

I have the bowtie on order. Yes, it does seem the CC's and Chevy's have a higher priority. I believe Chevy sells more trucks than GMC, which could be the reason(?).

I am willing to bet that you will be one of the first LLY'ers. Give us a full report when you get her!

Can't wait.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
OH YES....

We have a new previously unknown event code "3800 Produced" AND IT COMES WITH A SERIAL NUMBER........

It's been built. Hope Howard is around to help with where it's at now. Dealer says he can flag it to follow the process, so one way or the other I might be able to follow it to the local railhead. Dealer is already talking about going up there to retrieve it when it comes in, it's about 35 miles from here and beats waiting for transport company to get a trailer load for this area......

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi and best wishes to all....

Hope mine gets here soon also. Ordred on 12/31/03. TPW Date of 2/9/04 recieved news yesterday!

2500 HD LT 4X4 CC D/A GMC.

I can't wait!!!

Have a Nicktane system on order, Pre Oem...

·
Registered
570 Posts
SonnyBear said:
I originally received a TPW of 01-26-04. The truck was ordered and picked-up by GM on 12-16-03. I called the dealer today and the TPW was moved up to 01-19-04. It seems that date holds sway with more than one future truck owner on this site. Maybe due to the holidays it slowed some and then moved others faster once the production started up again.

Trying not to get too excited, but at times it feels like "high school" again.
Your TPW is the same as mine! Looks like twins.
Boy is the wait eating at me now!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Okay guys, just got back from another eventful trip to the dealer. I went over there to drop off the DuraFlaps (Kaydenco) because they've got a guy who's going to do the boards, bed rail caps, mouldings, cold front, etc. and he had more NEW CODES.....

Some of these codes show up multiple times, and not necessarily in the numerical order, but on the same day when that happens.

So here are the latest ones:

4000 = Available to ship

4150 = Original invoice

4B00 = Bayed

The "Bayed" one showed up on another post here and we didn't know what it meant, so my dealer called GM. It means the truck is in one of the parking lots at the factory. Now here's the part we couldn't understand about the "Bayed" code. That could be almost any combination of letters and numbers on your particular order, but it will always be followed by the word "Bayed". The reason is because that is the lot number at the final assembly plant where your truck is parked. It's for the transport company to be able to locate it.

The other good thing about the dealer calling this afternoon, we found out my truck got put on a railcar and shipped out at 04:20 this morning.....

I suspect Dr. Howard may have had something to do with that since he said he'd get it prioritized when he called me yesterday. Thanks Howard.

GM says 5 to 7 days to get to the local railhead (not bad considering it's got to get from Pontiac to Salt Lake City) where my dealer is going to pick it up rather than wait for the local transport company to bring it down.....

End of next week or first part of the following week and the fun begins.... Now, how far is it to Edge again? Oh yeah, about 75 miles.....

Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Sorry I haven't been on in a while, but my truck is here! It is awesome! I absolutely love it. The LLY is strong. Only 350 miles on it so far, but haven't found anything I don't like yet. This truck is amazing. I have never been this giddy about a new vehicle before. . . More details to follow.

BTW, it took exactly 10 days to ship from production to Western Washington, where I'm stationed. I was able to pick it up the same day it arrived at the dealer.

After driving it a week in about 40-50 degree weather, I can say the wait to start light stays on for less than one second in the morning and probably only two to three tenths of a second if I start it after only a few hours not running. I'm getting 17.3 MPG right now in city, but not stop and go traffic. It gets an over the rails Linex Saturday and then sometime next week the fifth wheel hitch goes in. I'm not sure I can be away from it long enough to install the hitch, which is why the Linex goes in Saturday. . . baby steps.

I'll let you know more later. This thing is a BEAST!

DennisEdited by: baimpala

·
Registered
570 Posts
Congrats baimpala!!!!!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
baimpala,

Sounds like you are enjoying your new truck. When you get a chance, please let us know what truck you bought and any more anecdotes on how well it performs.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
SonnyBear,

It's a Chevy 2500HD LT CC LB LLY/A 4x4, Black. Filled up for the first time last night and noticed the fill neck was a much larger diameter than a gas fill neck, now I'm wondering if the fill neck is sized for big rig fill stations. Another thread here discussed, I'll have to go back and check it out. So far this tank, I'm getting about 20.5 MPG just driving around mixing city/highway (60-65).

Dennis

1 - 20 of 41 Posts