Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use this or know anything about it. Any info would be appreciated . Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
161 Posts
I use it and haven't had any problems. Once in a great while someone will mention it. I gather it's a good oil from a respected company.

Steve

·
Registered
665 Posts
I heard it was developed with some connection to Dodge. My grandson uses it in his Cummins and likes it. I haven't been able to find it but the other day someone told me to try Dodge. Only have 6K on my GMC so don't want to put synthetics in it yet but after 10k believe I'll try it. My grandson said he found his at Wall mart but I haven't seen it there yet.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured I would at least get some opinions on valvoline. I was also wondering if anyone knew what the rating is on the oil. I found it at Napa but on the gallon bottles I could only find a CH rating while the case box said exceeds CI specs. Thanks

Brian

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
I have been using Valvoline in my Dmax. I did my first oil change at 3k. I put in Valvoline Premium Blue 15w-40. It is not synthetic, however it does state that it meets or exeeds every leading diesel manufactueres standards. CH-4, CG-4, CF-4, CF/SJ,. It is also recommended and endosed by Cummins. I have not had any oil related problems yet. I am at 21k.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I gave up on Valvolines product after I called them to see what the base-stock was. They told me it was classified information. If info on the oil is that much of a secret, they can keep it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have used Valvoline all my life. I was running the Valvoline Premium Blue 15w-40 until people in here convinced me to running the Mobil Delvac 1. I am happy with it so far. I plan on running it to 7,500 miles and changing the filter and adding a quart while I send off for an oil analysis. If things are still good I am going to 12,000 miles and having another test done and if still good I will attempt to run to 15,000 miles. I figure if I can run good on Valvoline Premium Blue 15w-40 none synthetic with good results then I should be able to double the mileage with full synthetic. It would be nice to be able to go that long especially since it cost me $100 just for an oil change & filter. Anyway, I have never had any problems with any Valvoline product my entire life and I still run valvoline in my wife's van and my Geo Metro.

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts