Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Does Dmax run hydraulic valve lifters and does Dmax use spit-shot fuel injectors?? Thanx............Steve... Edited by: shuffman

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Solid lifters on roller rockers.

Yes it does have injectors running multiple shots per combustion event.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm pretty sure it has a roller cam (which means roller lifters, and they are solid, not hydraulic). The base circle on the camshaft for the Duramax is HUGE! Very heavy duty.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hey gsxr, OFF topic here but what model GSXR do you have a turbo on??? I'm looking to turbo my one dragbike for next year and have been able to get SQUAT for info from anyone about their setup or anything, I'm looking to do it on a oil cooled 1127 motor.

thanks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have 2 bikes, an 86 GSXR (+2mm 1052) with a draw through Mr Turbo kit, McIntosh 6-9" chromemoly arm, etc etc

and a 2002 SE Hayabusa (special edition all black frame and body)

The turbo bike hasn't been ridden much, so I'm thinking about parting it out.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I can tell you whatever you want to know about set up on the turbo bike, ask me whatever you want and I'll answer the best I can.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hhhmmmm, my 1127 is actually 1216cc, runs 8.70'[email protected] n/a, looking to run in the 7's with it so i want to turbo it, and i got another bike that runs 8.30's n/a. I could be intersted in your kit if your parting it, shoot me a few pics and info on it and what you think you want for approx $$$ at

[email protected]

Ideally i wanted to go with a blow through carb setup or fuel injection but could not find much info from anyone on either setup, at this point due to lack of info i was about ready to abort the GSXR motor and just go to a Busa powerplant instead since every one and their brother has a turbo busa setup or gixxer 1k turbo, that still might happen since parts availability and new technology is being made for them and not the 10 year old dinosaur i have now.

i'll talk to you via e-mail (or PM if you prefer) so we don't clutter this diesel board thread with bike talk.

thanks !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts