Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me where to purchase a vacuum gauge that will connect to the fuel fitting located on the right side, front of the engine?

Also, I have decided to purchase a Tech 2; any recommendations as to where to get the best deal?

thanks, tom

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
I got my Tech 2 on ebay...pretty cheap too! I had to have the dealer update it tho, cause when I bought it it only went up to 2003.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What price did you pay on ebay? What did the dealer charge to upgrade it? The best price I've found from a vendor, so far, is $3595 from Vetronix. Vetronix also sells the upgrades. The price of $2600 sticks in my mind as a price I've seen before, but I can't remember where. Was the one you bought on ebay new or used?

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
I got mine for like 1000 dollars, updated and ready to go

but the dealer didnt charge me for updates because im good firneds with them..

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Can someone tell me where to purchase a vacuum gauge that will connect to the fuel fitting located on the right side, front of the engine?

Also, I have decided to purchase a Tech 2; any recommendations as to where to get the best deal?

thanks, tom
as for the gauge for the fuel connection, Kennedydiesel.com sells one.

Jim

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! Went to KennedyDiesel.com and found the gauge for $150; I thought that it shouldn't cost more than $35. The parts guy at the dealership told me to try Kent Moore. Those guys are really proud of their gauge...they wanted $250. Kent Moore also wants $5600 for the Tech 2 tester kit. Vetronix, who apparently makes the Tech 2, only wants $3600. On top of that, the Tech 2 can be bought on ebay for $2500 or less. Right now, I'm following a bid on ebay which includes the Candi module that is up to $1250. Sure wish it were easier to find the right supplier.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Johns gauge is fine as frog hair. I have one and it is a fine piece of equipment. Somethng for $35 would not compare.

Jim

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought the gauge from kennedydiesel as you recommended; should be here in a couple of days. Did a lot of searching thru the supporting vendors and bought several things I believe will be useful. Thanks for pointing me in that direction. Tried to make a gauge, but.....was unable to locate a quick disconnect. Thought my AC high side quick disconnect might work but it wasn't long enough to make the connection.

Still haven't found a deal on a Tech 2. Been following and bidding on items at ebay, but everyone's real proud of their equipment. If anyones got any ideas, I'm all ears. Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Johns gauge is fine as frog hair. I have one and it is a fine piece of equipment. Somethng for $35 would not compare.

Jim

The gauge arrived and it is indeed a fine gauge. Many thanks to John Kennedy at Kennedydiesel.com for making it available through his shop. I also bought the Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve; you've got to wonder why GM doesn't make that a standard item on their vehicles. I know...gotta keep the costs down. Same for the stupid plastic bleeder screw for the fuel filter.

tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts