Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a vacuum test guage and when I drive even with a light foot the vacuum at the wastegate actuator on the turbo drops down to 0 when I approach 2K rpm driving up slight hills. Sometimes it comes right back when I let off the accelerator and sometimes it takes 5 to 10 seconds. Vacuum at the pumps stays at 25HG all the time. I also just installed a new wastegate control solenoid and all wires look great. I can not seem to figure out what else the problem could be. Other than that it runs great.

·
Administrator
15,659 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
Did you install an AC/Delco Solenoid? If not, aftermarket electrical parts in a 6.5L brings out issues.
Boost is not a constant. The ECM commands boost from the solenoid. You will see boost then it will normally drop as the ECM sees demand drop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to DieselPlace
Did you install an AC/Delco Solenoid? If not, aftermarket electrical parts in a 6.5L brings out issues.
Boost is not a constant. The ECM commands boost from the solenoid. You will see boost then it will normally drop as the ECM sees demand drop.
Thank you I will get one from the dealer and try that I got one from NAPA. Makes sense and i should of know better as my Jeeps are the same way about aftermarket electronics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts