Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want a good 70 hp that is smooth and reliable. From what I hear the VA 70 is pretty close to stock feel but I hear the Edge EZ is also smooth. They both sound comparable so I'm wondering which is more reliable? I don't want to mess w/the tranny, I just want a mellow clean boost. I've searched and I know it's been talked about a bit but I'm down to flipping coins on this one. Also does anyone see a problem with a used unit?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Go with the VA, IMO. Gives you some more options in the future and it is very, very smooth. Get some gauges, though!

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
The Edge will give you 3 useable power levels with the third level being close to the transmission's limits in some cases. The VA will give you one useable level, BUT if you do the trans then you'll have another level to use.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
bobd,

To answer your question the reliability of each is very good. It's pretty rare when we have a bad one out of the box on either brand or that you'll have issues with either. I'll also throw the TS performance MP8 in the mix. It has an infinite control level up to 100 HP. No pre set levels just turn the knob to what you want. The tranny issue is basically up to you and how you operate the truck, go easy and it'll last a long time, tow heavy with a heavy foot and lots of HP and it'll slip every time. Used is OK, but like all used items you just don't know what you're gettiung sometimes. If you buy from a member you're better off, you have some recourse on the site. Call us if you have any questions we stock all three products and will be glad to help you.

Mark @ DPPI

1 - 4 of 4 Posts