Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Noticed this weekend at s.c. dyno day alot of the lb7 trucks had were running the va box as part of there stack.Also I see BMDMAX has the quad,edge stack with a va box also,I was wondering how this is possible? I'm just wondering is the quad,edge the way to go? Brandon's using it, atleast his sig says he is,and can you stack the va on top of what I currently have??? :help: Please!!!

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
depends if the va is a pressure type box... if so than yes im pretty sure you can throw that under the hood too.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I Noticed this weekend at s.c. dyno day alot of the lb7 trucks had were running the va box as part of there stack.Also I see BMDMAX has the quad,edge stack with a va box also,I was wondering how this is possible? I'm just wondering is the quad,edge the way to go? Brandon's using it, atleast his sig says he is,and can you stack the va on top of what I currently have??? :help: Please!!!
I used to stack a Van Aaken Smartbox E , which is a pulsewith box NOT pressure, with a Tripledog set on Crazy Larry. The best stack for me was using the 70 HP setting on the VA if you are using a high HP downloader. Using the 70hp setting got me consistent 2+MPH better trap speeds than the 150HP setting. I didn't get any bursting on the 150HP setting, but it didn't perform as well. The VA also stacked well with the Quad 215.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies! I've come to the new conclusion to just stay with what I've got until this new craze of writing your own custom programs get's all worked out on the lb7. ( EFI Live)!!!I feel this will be the new thing, instead of stacking all these diff programs..Seems to be workin well on the lly's..

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
I think that's a wise choice.

·
Registered
932 Posts
That's the same plan that I have....

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I feel I'ts the smart thing,Hell, my tranni's sittin in the living room!!
It's HELL when you just want everything!!!! " IN TIME "!!

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Some people list boxes they have in thier sig but dont always run on thier truck.

·
Registered
476 Posts
So hows does the average joe like myself got about getting their truck programed witha custom tune from the EFI Live

1 - 9 of 9 Posts