Diesel Place banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Vendor
9,675 Posts
I guess I'm in the minority here. I have a 2013 Ranger XP900 and think it is awesome. Before that a Ranger XP700. I don't use my Ranger on a regular basis, but when I do I really use it. In the 6 or so years I owned my 700 it logged 467 miles almost all at the cabin and in the woods. I did have one belt blow due to a broken lower motor mount (Polaris BS) and I also had one rear tire (PXT) break the cords in the bead. Mysteriously it did this while parked inside. It just went flat and wouldn't reseat.

FYI the wood in the picture is unseasoned maple cut at approx. 24" We are down on the creek on the ice.

Attachments

Reactions: jrsavoie

·
Vendor
9,675 Posts
I now use the XP 900 more for my maple syrup project as a sap buggy carrying 2) 65 gallon tanks. I think these tanks hold more like 75 gallons though.

This machine is much more refined and smooth than the earlier ones. The engine and trans are one so no alignment issues. Very quiet, power steering is awesome, and I went full cab plus heater for those cold winter days.

Attachments

Reactions: IdahoSteve

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I remember those tanks!

FYI, Trucks runs great. You have magic wrenches.

Took it out yesterday and stretched it's legs.

It still will make your hair stand up.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
For me, I try to keep them all diesel. Lol. Mines a gator 850d. Great on fuel, quick enough, starts easy cold, and does everything I throw at it. I've owned a 6x4 diesel gator, a diesel mule, an RTV, and now this one. It rides like a cadillac going through the fields and the low range really helps. Now that I've mounted the plow, I haven't seen snow all season! :banghead: Pardon the mess in the garage, it's been a war zone lately! That's this weekend's project!

IMG_1521.JPG

image3.jpg

image6.jpg

Reactions: jrsavoie

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I wanna Land Tamer with front and rear PTO and 3 point. Snow blowin, mowin and tillin. And then cruising the river.

I'm not sure they are in business anymore. I never got a response from their website.

Has anybody heard anything about them or know of a similar machine?

I could replace 3 machines with one of them

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
For me, I try to keep them all diesel. Lol. Mines a gator 850d. Great on fuel, quick enough, starts easy cold, and does everything I throw at it. I've owned a 6x4 diesel gator, a diesel mule, an RTV, and now this one. It rides like a cadillac going through the fields and the low range really helps. Now that I've mounted the plow, I haven't seen snow all season! :banghead: Pardon the mess in the garage, it's been a war zone lately! That's this weekend's project!

View attachment 292481

View attachment 292489

View attachment 292497
Mess in the garage? I wish one of my sheds was that organized

·
Vendor
9,675 Posts
Honda finally came out with a UTV that has a chance to compete with the others.

This I would agree. I can't justify trading off the Ranger with all that I have invested, but it's tempting.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts