Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install some Piaa fog lights in a new air dam. Can I use the existing wiring, switch, and relay that my factory fog lights are now using, or will I have to replace the whole set up? I'd really like to use what is already there.

I also need to know if changing the oem air dam for a Piaa air dam will possibly have any effect on engine cooling by possibly changing the air flow pattern.

Thanks for any insight.

Kevin

·
Registered
612 Posts
If you don't get a reply here, send a PM to Mackin ... he put a sharpe looking set of fog lights on his Black Beauty and from what I hear has been well pleased with them.

Jim

·
Registered
224 Posts
And if you can't do it - I'll buy your wiring harness as I have the lights but no wires and I can't seem to get the wiring harness.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Kevin,

I would use the factory contols to switch relays for the aftermarket lights as the stock circuit is pretty light duty. With relays you will remove the load from the factory wires and get solid power to the lights. If you look you will notice that most good aftermarket lights come with or recommend relays for the power supply.

Just my $.02

Joe

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses!

If I do get the new lights, I will use new relay and wiring, but retain factory switch in dash.

blowinsmoke, I'll send you the relay and connections, but it may be a few weeks before I do anything on my truck...gotta find some free time first!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts