Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the archived threads both here and at RV.com and see that many people have encountered problems with the 7,500 lb weight carrying capacity of the hitch on 2500 and 3500 models.The hitch is pretty much USELESS!!! on the bigger model trucks. Why would they waste their money and PO the consumer by putting such a ratty azz hitch on a truck that is designed to haul so much more weight?? I'll be installing a class V hitch here shortly to haul my 12,000 lb trailer with a total load weight of 11,400 lbs.

BTW I'll be calling the GM Consumer line at 1-800-222-1020 about it. I can understand cut backs on coat hangers, floor board lights, etc but this is pitiful!:mad:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
the stock hitch is crap. about 12000 miles mine was bent down, and where the pin goes wasnt a circle anymore

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
Alot of us have been real happy with the Putnam XDR. You'll get plenty of opinions though on others. I've got a spare LIKE NEW stock one for sale cheap... ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe we can all throw our stock hitches in for scrap and get some beer money for one of the Dually get-togethers! :D BTW I need to sign up for the dually club!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts