Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a used hypertech for sale by my house in the bargain box for 01-04 LB7 i have an 01 lb7, my question is will this work for any truck? if so.. what is stopping people from buying a programmer and just charging people to tune their trucks for them, i just didnt know if each programmer was designed for a perticular truck

·
Registered
710 Posts
The Hypertec programmer will only work on 1 truck at a time. In effect, the programmer copies the stock program into itself, then places the new "tunning" into the ECM to give you the added power. That means that the only program still in the Hypertec at that time is the stock program, not the tunning (it is in your truck).

Here is the deal though, if you leave the tunning in the truck and take it to a dealer and they reprogram the truck with the latest GM software, you will loose the power tunning. Remember the program in your Hypertec at that point is the stock program, not the power tunning.

I have read on here that for a small fee, if you send it to them and explain what happened, Hypertec will reflash the programmer so you can get the power tunning back again. The best thing is just to remove the power tunning before the truck goes to the dealer, but not everyone knows that.

In your case, I wonder which program you have in there?:rolleyes: The power tunning, or the stock program from someone's truck? :eek:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Before you buy, ask to try it first to make sure it's not vin locked on some other truck...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I ran a Hypertech in my 04 lb7 for over 90,000 with it set on 90 hp the whole time. No issues & loved it. Put evo in new truck mainly for the gauges.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.