Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Use an additive? How do you store it so it does not stink up the truck and get a mess all over the place?

Jim

·
Registered
145 Posts
I use the Walmart 3 3/4 ounce measuring bottles. I then store it in a small plastic Tupperware dish in case of an accidental spill, but the bottles haven't leaked yet.
I store 4 bottles in the Tupperware dish in my truck under the rear seat along with some hand cleanaer and a couple of shop rags should the need arise. I also carry a small pair of pliers as I have had a hard time opening them after they were filled.

Fran

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
In the bed in a plastic .50 caliber type ammo box with a latching lid. Later! Frank

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Frank Blum said:
In the bed in a plastic .50 caliber type ammo box with a latching lid. Later! Frank
Good Grief! In this day and age I would be scared the boots would bust me for being a terriost with that in the back

Jim

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Guess I better move my real ammo can (of course it actually has ammo in it) before the Boots (?) get me.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
That is probably a concern in the Peoples Republic of California
but not yet here in Utah and the surrounding states.
Later! Frank

·
Registered
665 Posts
I pour it into empty oil jugs with the visible gauge on the sie and keep them kin box in my storge boix behind the cab.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a small plastic tool box that I keep behind the drivers seat. In there I have a couple of pints of Stanadyne and a baby's bottle. The baby bottle has graduations in 1/2 oz increments and I have labeleled it with correstponding 2 gallon fuel increments. When I pull in to fuel I check the DIC to see how many gallons it will take to fill up and then measure out enough into the baby bottle. The baby bottle has a wide mouth so it is easy to pour into into it withot spilling and it is also easy to pour from into the tank.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Using an old Sta-Bil bottle that is labeled for the additives and can be used to measure it out. Labeled the bottle for oz per gallons of fuel and check the DIC before refueling. Put some 3m commercal velcro on one side of the bottle and stick it inside at the back of the bed (so it doesn't fly around) along with a pair of gloves.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts