Diesel Place banner

upgrading to hot juice

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  1bad01 
#1 ·
Will upgrading to the hot juice get me in to the 14's? My current best is 15.38 from a 1500rpm launch against the brake in 2wd. 60ft was 2.19, speed was 88mph. If so, where can i get this done, and does it matter which version I have. Any help appreciated.

#2 ·
I imagine your 35s are really slowing you down. I don't think you will be into the 14's even with the hot juice.

#3 ·
kennedy can update you in house.......4x4 launch @ 5-6psi will cut the 60 a couple of tenths and reduce the spin hot oj should be good for a couple also......sounds like you might be a canidate for a tranny upgrade

#4 ·
1bad01,

I take it you are 4 wd but can't launch with it? My friend has the same problem, 4wd he would lift the front end with his 35"s. He did get a 14.9 with a stack of Edge and Preditor. I believe he went faster with an exhuast (14.5). If you can get it to hook up better without slip/limp and run hot OJ you might get a 14.9X. Just a note, I believe for every 1/10 off 60 foot time it = 2/10 on the 1/4. If you got a 2.00 you should hit a 14.XX. But remember bench racing is just that, I would think you could get to 14s though.

Lenny

#7 ·
I was the one Montecarlo 31 was talking about... My 60' times are horrible with the 35's (buckshot mudders) as well... 2.1 is as good as mine gets with them.. Most of the time it's in the 2.2's... With a K and N filter system, 4'' exhaust and hot juice, mine ran 14.72.. That was it's best on that combo.. Most of the time it ran upper 14's... If your goal is 14's, you should be there... With the predator added to the stack, it went slower.. The tranny wouldn't handle Hot oj and predator with the stock tires or the 35's.. I threw on the 39's, and I was able to gradually go up to the 85 hp setting with the oj and ran 14.51 (1.9 60').. Sounds strange, but true...

Brad

#10 ·
Mine averaged from 91 to 93.... I also found the sweet spot launching with the 35's to be 1500.. I don't know if your's is the same, though my truck is quicker when it's hot out.. Exactly opposite of normal cars... It ran the quickest when the temp was in the 90's and I was on my third consecutive pass.. I ran 20 psi in the rear tires.. I was stuck at 15.0 for a long time.. I took off the predator and picked up 2-3 tenths.. The extra power just made my tranny pull that much less..

#12 ·
There definately is a difference. I would buy the attitude instead of upgrading to the hot oj. The attitude gives you the extra power and more.

#13 ·
Max Power said:
There definately is a difference. I would buy the attitude instead of upgrading to the hot oj. The attitude gives you the extra power and more.

ABSOLUTELY! The 125 comes with the Attitude upgrade. Then again, you could try the Comp 145 with the Attitude, but the tranny won't like it if you beat it with the defuels off...

#14 ·
1bad01 said:
Is there a big "in the seat of your pants" difference between the standard 90hp and the hot oj 120hp? Is it worth the $200+ upgrade?
Are you kidding ?? Does a bear sh*t in the woods ?? ....................Where's that dam picture ............. I can prove it to ya they do ...

Mac

You'll be glad you did if you do ....

#15 ·
Kennedy........I'm definatly going to get the attitude with 125hp, but can you get away with the comp 145 with the stock tranny with all the defuels on if you keep the beatings to a minimum.......... in case I decide to upgrade to that in the future.

#16 ·
Edge is being kinda tight about the comp version. MANDATORY disclaimer signing. It's not so much the box that hurts the Allison, it's the driver, and Edge wants no part of any sob story about a beat up Allison. I surely don't blame them.

The 145 is past the limits of the stock Allison IMHO, and in reality scores within 20HP of some boxes claiming 200+HP...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.