Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all..looking for brake recommendations. I have a 2008 GMC diesel 2500HD TV towing a 27 ft 2018 Jayco Eagle fiver. Haven’t towed with it much yet but with 100g miles on the truck, I’m thinking of completely changing out, and upgrading it’s brakes since I probably need to replace them anyway. Currently I’m looking at upgrading the rotors and pads, front and rear. Not sure about the calipers but I think it might be wise to change them out too. At this time I am leaning heavily toward going with the Powerstop Z36 Extreme brake system. All this for piece of mind if nothing else. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations for which ones to go to or even upgrade at all? Also, if you have already upgraded to the above system, can to tell me how you like them? Please elaborate...Thanks

·
Administrator
16,290 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
Our Supporting Vendor, RockAuto carries a Truck Tow and Performance, Powerstop kit in the Heavy Duty category, that you mentioned:

You can get a 5% discount on your order, here: RockAuto.com Discount Code for Parts & More -...
Follow the info within the link to apply the discount code
(y)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
If you're concerned that the brake pads/rotors are wearing out, you should check them. They (or at least with trucks a couple of years older than yours) tend to last a LONG time. 100,000 miles might not show much wear at all. If you live in the rust belt, then definitely service the brakes; there's a great DIY write-up by HEYMCCALL (Brian).

If you're concerned about overall performance, the 2011 hydroboost is a nice upgrade.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts