Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting a Whipple S/C on my buddies 2002 2500HD with the 4L80E in the next week or so. I ran one on my 6.0L and loved it but I know the tranny was hurt when I sold it, not dead but definately not as good as it was when I first got the S/C.

So what are your thoughts as far as tranny upgrades? He's already ordered a larger tranny cooler. What about shift kits? Clutches and bands??

What are the basic must haves?

He'll probably run the stock 5lbs for a while but if he's like the rest of us he'll be adding more boost later on.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
First thing is to find out if he has a 4L80 or 85. Planet pinions will be increased with the 85 ( big plus ). Transgo shift kit is a must as will be the Transgo vacum modulator for instant line rise. Electronics will be too slow. Alto Red Eagle clutches are next and a Triple converter to hold this puppy.
mike

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike. He has an 02 2500HD and I'm thinking it's a 4L80E not the 85 but I may be mistaken.....what's a good way to find out which he has?

What should he be looking at price wise for the shift kit, vacum mod, and clutches installed? I think the converter is a little more than he wants/can afford right now but definately something to do before he bumps the boost up above 5lbs.

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts