Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Hoot, I did not rubber mount mine. I decided to run it the way it was and wait for the fuel test results. I was not concerned with mounting it on the engine because that is where most big rigs have theirs. Most heavy equipment, portable and stationary generators, to name a few, have the filters mounted on the engine. I asked Racor if there was a problem with the engine mount. They sent back a one sentence answer. They said: We do not recommend engine mounting do to the clogging factor. Dah! I asked them to elaborate but did not get a response. Later!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Absolutely Hoot. The numbers speak for themselves. OC_Dmax said awhile back that anyone running two Racors are getting results as good as his. I am a firm believer now in going the extra mile to get a clean sample. I followed Alan's routine as close as possible and our results were as close as possible. Are you any closer getting yours back on the road? Later! Frank

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.