Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
A better business oppertunity (sp?) might be for some one to machine an adapter to screw a 2 micron filter onto the existing head. I think that I remember reading where someone had done that. IIRC the draw back was no water in fuel light. I for one could get over the loss of the water in fuel light for 2 micron filteratrion
and the only mods to stock would be non intrusive and easily removed.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hoot,

I personally would like to double filter the fuel. IMHO filtering the fuel to say 10 microns then to 2 would give the filters a longer life. I would like to frame mount a Cat 10 micron and then screw on a 2 micron on to the factory mount. I think that eliminating the factory filter would be the way to go. I'm envisioning say the Nictane mount on the frame and maybe a Cat 2 micron in place of the factory filter. I'm afraid that a 2 micron the size of the stock filter may not last very long if the fuel was not pre-filtered first.Edited by: a64pilot

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.