Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got up this morning and fired her up to be surprised by the 100 year old tractor that replaced what looked like my truck still. After some inspection the fixes on the alternator bracket and injectors 2 & 7 have been done using the upgraded 90 degree pigtail plugs and 7s relocation bracket. But after trying to move them while engine running and nothing happened I turned truck off and did the same and she fired back up. Repeated all the same things a few hours later cause it happened again. My question is has anyone had problems with this upgrade kit using the 90s? I searched but can only find normal info of replacing pig tail and ice pick tricks. I did find another comment that said the upgrade kit has been known to fail on another thread but they didn't go into detail.

·
Premium Member
17,931 Posts
You need the code(s) scanned to tell you which injector connector. I've got 4 LLY motors, and, on one of them I had to retension all 8 of them.
Start with a code scan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Just installed new injectors. Not sure if the #7 connector is bad. Wondering how to do an injector quantity adjustment. Rough idle but under a load it's in tune with the rest of the injectors

·
Registered
103 Posts
Probly harness rub then... I found rub thru towards the rear of the driver side fuel rail where the loom passes over a 12mm bolt... another by the ficm... only showed up in high humidity like after it rained. I recently pulled the harness and triple wrapped it with loom and cloth tape... besides all the fuel lines... any original line are probably cracking pretty bad.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My LLY had the 90 degree kit installed on 2 and 7. Never had a problem with injectors. I noticed that they used crimp connectors to splice them in. Thats where I would look if i were you. I usually solder and heat shrink critical splices like that. Some think solder gets brittle and falls apart. Done right its fine and better a electrical conductor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts