Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

From reading this forum, it seems like quite a few of you upgraded the downpipe on your truck. Now where is this downpipe located at and does it add more performance and fuel economy?

This weekend I'm going to purchase a new air filter for my truck and was wondering if this is something that is in easy access. If so, I will replace the downpipe as well but I would like to learn a little about it first from you guys.

Any information you can provide me with is always appreciated.

Thank you,

Pete..:)

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
I would just replace the whole exhaust. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I agree with guybb3. I replaced 2 systems and both were cheap and easy. Also a good time to kill the kitty...... Check Ebay. You also get to hear the turbo.... Great sound...

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
do a search this forum for downpipe, plenty of pics of it in the archived

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just had new 3 in. pipe run from the downpipe out in front of passenger rear tire. Total cost was $150 and about 45 minutes. Putting on the down pipe would definately add time but would be well worth it. I think, and some one correct me if I am wrong, you could tear out the old exhaust and install the downpipe yourself, then drive the truck to your local exhaust shop and have them do the exhaust if you want to save a few $$$ over the larger more expensive systems out there. Mine runs great with the 3 in. pipe and that open element air filter I put on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts