Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
hello
I own a 2009 chevy 2500hd LTZ lmm, 160kms all stock.It runs great.
Thinking of buying probably my last Duramax am retired now.Looking at a 2018 2500 Denali L5P
Its great shape with 12,000kms
I am getting such different options from everyone keep my 2009 or jump up to a 2018 Denali that's still has some warranty
I would love a 2020 but too much money for me.
your thoughts please

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
If your truck is working good, and looking good (not rusting out), I would suggest just keeping it. Unless you are going for towing something bigger than what it can handle, or just have to have something newer, I think you'll find what you have is probably going to be more problem-free than the new thing.

Spend the money on something you love to do.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
100k is nothing for that truck... I would say your truck is maybe in it's early 20's in human terms. It's past all the early failures, and all the major parts have lots of life in them (engine, transmission). You know how everything works, how the truck sounds and feels now, when it's working right, so you know when it feels wrong.

You're trading that for a truck that hasn't hit puberty, that you likely can expect to have to use that warranty, which can be not great when on a road trip...

·
Administrator
15,668 Posts
hello
I own a 2009 chevy 2500hd LTZ lmm, 160kms all stock.It runs great.
Thinking of buying probably my last Duramax am retired now.Looking at a 2018 2500 Denali L5P
Its great shape with 12,000kms
I am getting such different options from everyone keep my 2009 or jump up to a 2018 Denali that's still has some warranty
I would love a 2020 but too much money for me.
your thoughts please
Welcome to DieselPlace

:thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you are hitting home my truck is pretty nice , just got weak looking at car lot ads.
Probably will keep my truck and look into egr delete and dpf delete.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Im retired also for 13 years at 49. This is a big decision since our 07 classic only has 134k miles but a lot of parts are discontinued now. Stuck about 5k in it the last year keeping up with maintenance.
We ordered a 2020 and hopefully get many years out of this one.
At some point your going to run into the same situation with your 2009.

·
Registered
940 Posts
its a matter of economics

figure out what the $$ cost would be to get the newer truck

if you can pay cash then get the upgrade

if you cant pay cash then think about how many repairs over 10 years that money would cover on the LMM

my point is the LMM is a great truck...yours is barely broken in (99k miles)

even if you spend $5000.00 US in repairs over next 10 years look at the economics of the choices

its not like your truck is questionable

its a solid LMM with a lot of life left in it:2cents::2cents:

·
Registered
2020 GMC Denali
98 Posts
I am in the same boat, although not close to retirement. My 2008 has 130k on it, needs about $1500 of repairs. I test drove the 2020 yesterday, it was sweet! One of the biggest reasons I was looking to upgrade is the better/smoother ride and newer technology(backup camera, iPhone connectivity, etc.). I am having a weak moment, save me!

·
Registered
2009 Chevy LMM
16,207 Posts
The only things that keeps me from buying a new truck is the payments...Who in the world can afford 1k a month...

·
Registered
940 Posts
The only things that keeps me from buying a new truck is the payments...Who in the world can afford 1k a month...
:agreed:

My buddy got one and I will not ride in it.

I fear if I do I may own one.

Stay Strong

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
:agreed:
My buddy got one and I will not ride in it.
I fear if I do I may own one.
Stay Strong
:chicken: I never took a new one for a ride even before we order one since buying our 07 Classic.
That’s all I have to say is, oh my.

·
Registered
2020 GMC Denali
98 Posts
Negotiated what I think is a GREAT deal, but still not sure I should pull the trigger... it is still SO much money! The decision would be so much easier if I didn't already have a good truck. Ahhhh the mental anguish!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts