Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what do I need to do to Beef up the ZF6?
How much money am I looking at spending.
I want to set it up for some serious towing in Colorado. I am trying to order a 06 LLY Dually to start this project out. Just wanted to get an Idea for what it is going to take to upgrade from the stock ZF.
I also plan to do all that I can to the LLY also, but thats in a different thread.
:Nothing_f

·
Registered
489 Posts
The ZF is as stout as they come for a manual so nothing is needed internally. You will experience issues with the GM flywheel.
Step 1.....buy the SBC flywheel and clutch kit!
Step 2.....drive it like you stole it!!!!!
Next time you roll through Colorado stop by and we'll get it done for you!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:cool2: Thanks for all your help Duramaxedout.
My wife and I are both thankful for your advice. We look forward to heading to CO. So what can I expect to pay for the "upgrade" and when is a good time to do it on a new truck? It is a shame that GM wont fix the problem :confused: .
I cant wait to get this truck rolling:ro)

·
Registered
12,950 Posts
The ZF is as stout as they come for a manual so nothing is needed internally. You will experience issues with the GM flywheel.
Step 1.....buy the SBC flywheel and clutch kit!
Step 2.....drive it like you stole it!!!!!
Next time you roll through Colorado stop by and we'll get it done for you!!
ditto

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sent you a PM.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Torque (lb-ft / Nm):

650 / 881 @ 1600 rpm (2500 HD and 3500 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra) (LBZ) (Automatic transmission only) (Available beginning 4 th quarter 2005)

605 / 820 @ 1600 rpm 2500 HD and 3500 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra (LLY) (Available through 3 rd quarter 2005), Chevrolet Kodiak and GMC TopKick (LLY), (Automatic transmission only)

520 / 705 @ 1600 rpm 2500 HD and 3500 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra (LLY) (manual transmission), Chevrolet Kodiak and GMC TopKick (manual transmission) (LLY) and Hummer H1 Alpha (LLY).

460 / 624 @ 3200 rpm (Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana) (LLY)

WtF... 520 Torque this can not be true Censored Censored Censored Censored Censored Censored
yes I am well, very mad and semi under-the-influence!! :wtf:
I can't believe they are holding the handshaker down!!
help help....I am being repressed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts