Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a new tape backup so the server may be bit slow a short bit...

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the same... you can never make too many backups..

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mcfly - excellent question. i run backups regularly at 1:00am pacific, although the site is not affected. the backed is SQL database and i can run an online back with the software i use. worst case it it might seem slow for the 20 minutes the backups take. honestly i doubt anyone will notice.

Nick

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Back up? We don't need no stinkin back up

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
ANYONE NOT GETTING A NOTIFICATION WHEN SOMEONE REPLIES TO A THREAD THAT THEY ARE WATCHING???? HAVENT RECIEVED A NOTIFICATION IN NEARLY 2 WEEKS
Edited by: PEANUTGRWR

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Peanut,

I can tell you that i get a lot of "returned emails" from various mail servers stating the thread notifications are SPAM.. i probably get 15 or so a day from earthlink, aol, etc.. perhaps that is your problem?

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
NICK I LOOKED INTO MY SPAM CONTROLS LASTNIGHT. AOL PUTS ALL THE SPAM INTO A FOLDER THAT YOU CAN LOOK AT. THERE WAS NO DIESEL PLACE MAIL IN IT AT ALL. ITS ODD THAT I CAN RECIEVE NOTIFICATION FOR A PM BUT NOT A REPLY TO A THREAD.

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Peanut.... is there a link at the bottom of the page you are posting to that says...

"UNWATCH THIS FORUM FOR NEW POSTS"

or "WATCH....

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
YUP HOOT THERE IS A LINK THAT SAYS "UN-WATCH THIS FORUM" IVE TURNED IT OFF AND ON JUMPED THROUGH RINGS OF FIRE YOU NAME IT AND STILL DOESNT WORK. DAMN THIS IS AGRIVATING!!!

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Did you figure out the cookie thing? I don't use MicroSoft IE Browser so I don't know how.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
NOPE DONT KNOW THE COOKIE THING????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.