Diesel Place banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got 2 prototype brackets today. I have to test fit them tomorrow but they look good so far. Once I verify fitment then it shouldn't be long. I won't get a firm ETA until i actually cut the order lose.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
That works for me and I will wait for mne to be shipped when it happens. Thanks for all you have done Nick.

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well there's good new and bad news. Good news is the longbed bracket came out great, perfect.

Bad news is the shortbed drawing i had from the previous shop was of a slightly older version so it will somewhat squish the filler neck on newer trucks. So i made some changes to the bracket and gave it back to them. I really want these to be right and not just so-so. They got me these protoypes quciker than last time so i afraid there is going to be a little more delay as they want me to sign off on the prototype before they make 150 pieces. Attached picture is the long-bed prototype

Attachments

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update- The shop is going to try and make one batch of long bed brackets so they don't get held up while I wait for the new short bed prototype. I should know tomorrow if they will be willing to do that.

·
Registered
320 Posts
If I had anything to add just please put a double rock sheild on them. I had your first design on my '05 and before I even attempted to install it I added another plate identical to the one that is already prebent to protect the filter from the rear tire. I work on industrial app's all the time and I just feel it is definatley needed for protection from the inevitable.

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update - the Long bed brackets are currently in production and should be done shortly.

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update- Longbed Brackets should be here next week.

·
Registered
421 Posts
When can we expect shortbed kits to be in stock and ready to ship out. I need one for my new truck probably in a month or two.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
X2

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hopefully when i get the order of longbed kits this week i'll get the new prototype for shortbox trucks. if its right then it shouldn't take them too long to make them.

essentially the newer LMM trucks has a larger filler neck so i've adjusted the bracket to increase the amount of space around the filler neck to make installation easier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts