Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

in same condition when purchased from Chromwheel.com. Going with a lighter wheel for drag racing. 4100 shipping is around 300. Perfer local sale, will drive and meet you. JoshEdited by: joshz06

·
Registered
15 Posts
WOW SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWEEEEEEEEEEET
How about some links on where to
buy.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Those are SHARP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
389 Posts

looks good, thanks for the pictures

www.chromewheel.com

john

02 3500 cc lb 4x4 ltEdited by: tulsa1718

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Josh and or Tulsa

Could you please take a picture and post it of looking down the side of the truck so I could see how much if any the wheels stick out past the fenders. I like your set up but im concerned about sand, salt, snow, rocks, mud and so on getting thrown out onto the truck.

Thx Diesel Dragon

PS Whats the overall diameter of the tires and does it screw up the speedo?Edited by: Diesel Dragon

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Yeah a nice rear shot (low) would be good to actually see the width of the tires and spacing between the duals.

JP

·
Registered
511 Posts
Damn that is nice looking!

·
Registered
534 Posts
So you guys can't rotate your 7 tires any more.......?

·
Registered
389 Posts
i will first address tire rotation, we dont have to, these tires run to almost 200,000 miles, yes i said 200,000 miles, not 50,000 like regular tires. the wear is so slow rotating is useless. my size is 245r 19.5, they are 33.5" tall and the speedo is of by 4miles per hour at 65mph. they are past my fenders by 2" in the rear, however i have the putco full running board system, thats flaps in the rear and front of the rear tires. i do go in the snow and dont have any problems, but i dont go 4 wheelin, truck cost to much for that, a 5000.00 jeep would be more fun anyway. for heartbeat the rear spacing is built in the rims, the measurment is standard, the bigger tire you get, the bigger rim you get and the spacing grows with the rim. so no matter what size you get, you always have around 2 to 3" between the tires. hope this helps. john

02 3500 cc lb 4x4 ltEdited by: tulsa1718

·
Registered
534 Posts
200,000 miles...... what are the tires made out of
titanium? Did the tire dealer tell you this or have you
run them before?
What is the brand?

·
Registered
389 Posts
they are michlen xde commercial semi tires . same one's that are on semi's only 19.5" not 24"

john

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
NOW THAT LOOKS LIKE A TRUCK!!!!!

Very good looking ride!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Anyone considering this conversion from Chrome Wheel, I would suggest going with steel inner wheels on the rear and 4 aluminum wheels with Centamatic wheel balancers and never rotate.. I had 6 aluminum and tried rotating. The polished wheel on the inside dual got so blasted with dirt, rocks and road debris that the polish was gone. It looked like crap on the front. I tried everything to bring the nice polish back except having them machine polished again. The balancers from www.centramatic.com will allow you to get full use (200K) from the tires without rotating. They work. I used them.

Josh, that does look awesome. I liked my Michelins I had. I had 225/70-19.5 G 14 ply on my truck.

Here's a link as to how the kit looks prior to being installed for those interested. http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=1012182&uid=437876Edited by: Maverick

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Nice looking truck, I am currently waiting for Alcoa to offer the 19.5 wheel with the standard GM pattern of 8.

Did you have to lift the front at all. If so it does not look like much. Did you just crank the bars up?

Thanks for the answers in adavnce.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Very Very nice....
I appreciate the rear shot. 200K on tires and no balancing, now that's an argument I can use to get a set. Care to share total investment.......tires & wheels?

JP

·
Registered
389 Posts
mine were 5500.00 for the conversion, joshz06 were 4000.00. mine is higher for three reasons, first, i bought mine two years ago and the price has come down some. second i run xde tires i beleive joshz06 has xze, they are a little cheaper. i also have alcoa's center trim they are 100.00 per wheel. they are not required, you can use the trim that comes with the set, there is nothing bad about it, however the alcoa's trim is incredible looking compared to the regular trim. that is why the trim comes free in the kit. but alcoa's will cost you big time to get.

p.s. it might seem like a lot of money, but sit down and add up how many tires you are going to buy for your dually for the length of time you will own it. and 4000.00 isn't that much. you can buy tires 700.00 dollars at a time or you can buy one set and never buy any more. i say this because i have 379,000 on my last diesel and i don't remember how many sets of tires i bought, but it was more than 4000.00 dollars worth.

john

02 3500 cc lb 4x4 lt

38' prowler quad slides 14100lb's loaded

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.