Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"The Silver Fox" finally made it home after sitting 10 days at the ATL CSX railyard awaiting dealer delivery!!!!!! The dealer called Thursday morning. "The Silver Fox" was being unloaded as we spoke and headed for dealer prep, Line-X installation and detail!!! To compensate us for the 10 day wait in delivery from the railyard to the dealer, our dealer arranged Line-X installation was "no charge" and an apology. Now that's class don't ya think? We got our first look at her late Thursday evening while she was sitting in the service bay being cared for in preparation for delivery. The service manager came out to meet us and even gave us his home phone number in case we had any service questions over the weekend. I about fainted over that one. We took delivery of her last evening (Fri). WHOLLY SMOKES!!!! What an incredible piece of machinery. The handling, the ride, and quiet, (got a bit of a problem with the quiet - it's too quiet! She don't sound much like a diesel!!:) ) The wife and I were speechless last night driving her around town. Pic's will hopefully follow this weekend when I figure out how to download them and post them here to the forum. I'm no good at computers. I have to tell ya fella's, she's absolutely gorgeous and was more than worth the wait. Excuse me, gotta end this now, the wife's got her outside warming up; we're taking her to breakfast then headed out for a day of showing her off.

Truck on!!!:cool:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Crickeydog,

Glad to hear she is finally home, Congrats!! Can't wait to see the pictures

·
Registered
67 Posts
Congrats on your new arrival, they are amazing! Mine also sat in the rail yard for 10 days until I got after the dealer to have it delivered. I tried to give you aheads-up of my ordeal in an earlier post a couple of weeks ago, but atleast you got the Line-x free of charge.

Hope you have many happy miles to come! :D

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
CRICKEYDOG,
I am glad that you finally got her in. If I had waited as long as you did to get my truck I would have went crazy. I was also amazed at how smooth my HD2500 CC rides. Several people have told me that they couldn't believe that my LBZ was as quiet as it was. I was just wondring if the Steel Gray is similar to the Chevy Graystone Metallic? I started to buy a GMC but the dealership pis--- me off and I drove directly to the chevy place and told them to find me a HD2500. Back in 2003 I had bought a GMC 1500 4X4 just because I didn't like the looks of the new chevy front end. Well with time and a few changes I have grown to like the looks of the chevy trucks again. My truck is Graystone Metallic and it is a beautiful color. Get out there and put some miles on her.....ENJOY...

Looking forward to some pictures of her..

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Boooyahhhhhh!!!!!! on getting "The Silver Fox" :ro)

Has the missus let you drive it yet? :p:

Oh and one more thing.

:nopics:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Yea! Yea! Praise the Lord!! The "BABYS" home!! I told ya it would take longer to get it to the dealer than to get it to your r/road drop off ramp!! Does this mean I can add you to the "Happy Campers Club"?? When is momma gonna let you drive it??

·
Registered
284 Posts
Congratulations

Congrats, CRICKEYDOG... I hope you enjoy, and have as much fun with your truck as I do with mine...

(In your words) Truck On!!!:exactly: And... post the pics!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congratulations CRICKEYDOG!!! I know how I felt the first time I drove mine, you sound familiar. Love driving this truck!! Look forward to the pics of yours.

·
Registered
294 Posts
congrates ol' boy on the truck. hope ya enjoy it as much as i have mine):h

·
Registered
471 Posts
Crickeydog is one happy camper!! Go burn a wheel and good luck, you deserve it. Now to figure out how to get the darn thing from the better half. Buy her a Yugo maybe ?

·
Registered
4,848 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
crickeydog, congrats on the truck, at least you don't have to wait six months to drive it like i do, i didn't order mine, it was already in the lot exactly what i wanted, so i bought it in sept., drove it twice and came back to iraq. enjoy your truck,i know that i am going to enjoy mine when i get home in about three weeks..:D :grd:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Line-X

"The Silver Fox" finally made it home after sitting 10 days at the ATL CSX railyard awaiting dealer delivery!!!!!! The dealer called Thursday morning. "The Silver Fox" was being unloaded as we spoke and headed for dealer prep, Line-X installation and detail!!! To compensate us for the 10 day wait in delivery from the railyard to the dealer, our dealer arranged Line-X installation was "no charge" and an apology. Now that's class don't ya think? We got our first look at her late Thursday evening while she was sitting in the service bay being cared for in preparation for delivery. The service manager came out to meet us and even gave us his home phone number in case we had any service questions over the weekend. I about fainted over that one. We took delivery of her last evening (Fri). WHOLLY SMOKES!!!! What an incredible piece of machinery. The handling, the ride, and quiet, (got a bit of a problem with the quiet - it's too quiet! She don't sound much like a diesel!!:) ) The wife and I were speechless last night driving her around town. Pic's will hopefully follow this weekend when I figure out how to download them and post them here to the forum. I'm no good at computers. I have to tell ya fella's, she's absolutely gorgeous and was more than worth the wait. Excuse me, gotta end this now, the wife's got her outside warming up; we're taking her to breakfast then headed out for a day of showing her off.

Got one of those liners and it looks good. Wouldnt hurt to put a
custon fitted rubber mat in your bed to keep the Line X scratch
free. It ran $45.00

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I Can't Figure Out How To Post Pic's!!!

DAMN IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! Off and on all day I've been trying to figure out how to get pic's to my sig and post pics and I give up. Can anyone tell me how I post pic's here to the forum and to my sig? this is embarressing. I can seperate 75 airplanes an hour but I can't figure this stupid computer out!!!!!

"HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

tRUCK

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I Can't Figure Out How To Post Pic's!!!

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO POST PICS HERE TO THE FORUM AND TO MY SIG??????? I have them downloaded in my home computer under "my documents" but every time I try to upload them to the forum I keep getting "file is too large". I've been fooling with this off and on all day!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
crickeydog, congrats on the truck, at least you don't have to wait six months to drive it like i do, i didn't order mine, it was already in the lot exactly what i wanted, so i bought it in sept., drove it twice and came back to iraq. enjoy your truck,i know that i am going to enjoy mine when i get home in about three weeks..:D :grd:

Thanks. Keep your head down and let us know when you get back to the world. Be safe.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea! Yea! Praise the Lord!! The "BABYS" home!! I told ya it would take longer to get it to the dealer than to get it to your r/road drop off ramp!! Does this mean I can add you to the "Happy Campers Club"?? When is momma gonna let you drive it??

Thanks Howard. You can definitely add us to your "Happy Camper's Club" or more appropriately, "Happy Trucker's Club". Thanks. It was fun tracking her to ATL. Be safe and stay in touch.

Truck on!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts