Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ordered a summit racing exhaust 5" kit. cost was like $380. factory exhaust came out in about 30 minutes no big deal really. the new one went in fast but it took twisting the pipes around and fitting them to make sure they didnt hit anything. overall fit was excellent, i recommend these!! and my LBZ hasnt set any lights, i did about 25 miles of driving with it tonight.

joe

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
very cool, congrats. what do you notice with the install?? spool up? turbo whistle? exhaust noise? hissing?.. spil it

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
truck has this jet like sound to it at idle, spools faster, more power, loud at WOT!!! its insane i love it. install wasnt bad just lining the pipes to clear stuff thats about it. whistle is very noticeable now too hehe!!! my airraid intake is on the way as we type!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
is this a cat back or a turbo back kit. I"d love to hear a sound clip to if you could set one up, how about a picture i'd like to see how it hangs. thanks alot glad you like it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
turbo back, 4" downpipe into 5" exhaust the rest of the way, if i can record a sound clip ill post it, it sounds awesome and the fit was good, def wasnt dissapointed. only tricky part was hanging the last pipe in the rear because of the spare but it all fits really good. it lowered my egt at idle from 375 down to about 300 ish at idle fully warmed. i am getting a airraid intake soon too.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
correct :) hehe. truck sounds awesome at idle and even nastier at WOT, i pulled into fill up the truck sunday night and this ford guy was drooling looking at it haha

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
lets hear what it sounds like

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.