Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of Ungo remote start system? I have a buddy that can get me one for next to nothing so I was wondering if they are any good or not? If not I will probably be ordering a Astrostart from Max Power.

So has anyone used them?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I had a Clarion UNGO on my last truck. Installed it myself and loved it. The only and I mean only thing I miss about that God Forsaken POS is that Clarion remote start. It was the 1000 model so it didn't have 2-way communication but it worked flawlessly for 3-years. Turbo timer was awesome, short run was awesome, auto start at temps below 32 deg scared the hell out of me during the deer hunt, range was over 500 feet, security features were perfect.

They're almost all made by DEI now days so you'll be OK.
They're $100 bucks on Fleabay. Install should be around six hours. You'll need a GM module to override the factory security.

How's That?

·
Registered
372 Posts
My buddy gets them at cost as well, I looked at the astrostart, viper, etc. and will prolly just go with the ungo since that's what he knows. Plus, I think it's mainly just a name thing. But, just my opinion.

·
Registered
419 Posts
cmkworm;1574453; said:
My buddy gets them at cost as well, I looked at the astrostart, viper, etc. and will prolly just go with the ungo since that's what he knows. Plus, I think it's mainly just a name thing. But, just my opinion.
Can I get one at cost too? $130.00 on E-Bay

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
BLUE72CAMARO;1573670; said:
Has anyone heard of Ungo remote start system? I have a buddy that can get me one for next to nothing so I was wondering if they are any good or not? If not I will probably be ordering a Astrostart from Max Power.

So has anyone used them?

Ungo has been around for many years. I first heard about them in 1995. Never had anything to do with them though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts