Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else out there running the new Ultra Predator 286/287 18x9 rims fi so please post pictures and advise/info. Would like to purchase these rims for my truck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check the backspace. I looked into these wheels and the least amount of backspace you can get is 5.5. So, check and see if that will work for you, because it wouldn't for me.

Nice looking wheel though.

Tom

·
Registered
396 Posts
Ive got 4 of the 18X9's sitting here waiting for tires. Got them with the 5.5 backspace to go on my truck soon with some 37X13.5 tires and a Pro Comp lift. You cannot run these with a knuckle lift it must be a full drop. They have a stamping of 3500 max load per wheel and a maximum tire of 32.5. I pretty much only tow my car so the load is fine, as far as the 32.5 inch tire diameter I am sure that was put on there by a lawyer.

Oh and good choice, beutifull rims! I like how they will tuck the wheel in.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I was going to order those last last summer when they showed up in the catalog but I got tired of waiting, nice wheel though:D As far as backspace I dont know why you would want more than 5.5in backspace (might as well leave the ugly stockers on) I run 33x12.5-17 with 5in backspace and they fit great!!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
My dmax, check out rshaw25's garage. He's got them on in 18x9 w/285 Toyo a/t's.
Nice wheel choice!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all that responded on the rims I myself have purchased the rims and like big macz have them here waiting for tires, havent done anything with the front end though dont now if I should use key or just turn torsion bars, whats yall's thoughts.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
mydmax05;1614087; said:
Thanks to all that responded on the rims I myself have purchased the rims and like big macz have them here waiting for tires, havent done anything with the front end though dont now if I should use key or just turn torsion bars, whats yall's thoughts.
Where ya get them at ? Those are sweet looking wheels!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Make sure you post some pics.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bigpoppos;1619713; said:
Make sure you post some pics.
Will do bigpoppos, cant wait till I get my tires for them, need to set up garage with before pictures then with new shoes on, I think it might be a little while though.$$$$$$$$$

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
I called about these wheels yesterday and was told that they're unavailable. Those were 20X10's though.

·
Registered
396 Posts
jonyb;1629558; said:
I called about these wheels yesterday and was told that they're unavailable. Those were 20X10's though.
They should be available soon, I got one of the first sets off the boat and they were 18's.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jonyb;1629558; said:
They are available now jonyb, discount tire got them locally here in dallas, but they were going to have to get them from ultra wheel, try there site.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
I think I'm gonna go with the Eagle 114's. They look the same, but I think the lip is wider. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
261 Posts
:nopics:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts