Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any having any issues yet with the ULSD? guys here in washington in the cummins are having injectors serviced and going through injection pumps at a high rate. the powerstroke guys have been blowing tips off the injectors? havent heard anything yet of something like this happening to a duramax but it makes me scared and concerned.
the ford and dodge guys are adding 1 qt TC-W3 outboard (2-stroke) oil per Tank. think i should start investing in this stuff? i just dont want to have problems from this crap diesel

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Have'nt heard of any issues here yet.I'm on all the time--mine's fine but just for safety I'm going to Walmarts today to buy a gallon or 2 of that 2 stroke oil.After reading the posts on oil in fuel,I think I'm convinced.I think I'll try a pint in a 34 gal. fill for starters mixed with my Howes of course.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what im gathering, no problems yet. im going to hold off on the 2 stroke oil though. ill stick to regular additive. our common rail trucks my note react the same to the oil as the other guys

·
Registered
16,080 Posts
[email protected];1575546; said:
Have'nt heard of any issues here yet.I'm on all the time--mine's fine but just for safety I'm going to Walmarts today to buy a gallon or 2 of that 2 stroke oil.After reading the posts on oil in fuel,I think I'm convinced.I think I'll try a pint in a 34 gal. fill for starters mixed with my Howes of course.
You don't think Howe's will be enough? I thought that stuff was the cure all.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Just curious if you heard it first hand or not? Lot's of hype about it, but I seriously don't think it causing that kind of mechanical failures. If it's coming from a group, everyone knows someone who's had trouble, but there's a lot that usually isn't said in the hear say. Example, engine may be due for the specified parts, something else may have cause failure. The fuel no doubt has lubricity problems, but there is a mandate for all fuel sold to meet specific lubricity requitements. Most is added back in at the rack. Some problems are related to people using the wrong additives thinking they're doing something great for their truck. Adding two stroke oil will start causing some problem too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts