Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,Just purchased my 1st silverado with d-max engine-2005 gmc with so-so good looking front end except for that ugly black filler panel between the bumper and grill.Is there a "simple" way to remove this and lift the bumper up to the grill shell and fenders to further improve the gmc front end? I realize a certain amount of modification is involved: tow hooks and spacers etc. thanks

·
Registered
309 Posts
1500 grille, then there's some modification/cutting required to lift up the bumper.. I'm getting ready to do the same on mine.. But someone I work with recently did the same on his but did the Denali front end which is much more work, so my projec should be pretty simple comparing.. I'm just waiting to find a few other parts on the cheap, cause my bumper is kinda messed up anyway from previous owner, and only want to pay to get stud painted once

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,067 Posts
moved to exterior

·
Registered
321 Posts
ever thought about painting it to match the truck? (look in my garage)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, painting it won't help- that bumper just hangs down too low and looks odd.I think when the weather gets nicer I will remove it and try to space it up about 2 inches and in the meantime will try to find a thread with some pictures to help me through it.Still thinking the tow hooks will be the toughest modification.

·
Registered
321 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks crllb7,perfect! Had't had time to do a thorough search.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Performed the surgery and turned out Great! I need to install tow hooks modified from 2000 blazer 4x4 this week-end.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.