Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the amp installed the other day. It took me and my dad a couple hours to get the new one mounted and everything switched around. I also had to run a class II wire from the headunit since my truck doesn't have RSA to tie into.

Went to the dealer and reprogrammed the headunit from non-lux to lux. Once the tech understood what I wanted to do it wasn't that big of a deal. Plug the Tech II into the truck and read the program out of the truck. Then go to the TIS computer and hook up the Tech II. Select the following VCI's


ID Selected# Description
1 10357895 Software to support new radio hardware.
2 15064112 North America/Domestic
3 15064134 For C/K/H2: UQ7 with Y91/Y92. For S/T: With UQA. IMPORTANT: "AMP" appears in Class 2 Message Monitor, Amp. has 3 connectors.
4 15126143 New calibrations to reduce chime volume.
5 10357882 Software to support new radio hardware.



Download them to the Tech II, then go to the truck and upload it into the truck. Uploading to the truck took the longest.


The lux sound is definitely better. My left rear speaker doesnt seem to be working. Should be easy enough to diagnose. I'll have to double check my wiring, for all I know it could be the speaker. Don't know that I ever heard the rear speakers at all with the premium system.
 

·
Bac To The Future
Joined
·
23,029 Posts
Congrats on getting it done. speaker issue is probably a wire connection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. Got that speaker working. I took the two pin connectors out of the C1 plug for that speaker and gently pinched them with a needle nose pliars. Put it back together and it works great. Apparently they werent getting contact with the pins.
 

·
Registered
2005 GMC Yukon XL with Quadrasteer. LBZ conversion by Duraburb
Joined
·
284 Posts
jollyrogr;1594398; said:
Got the amp installed the other day. It took me and my dad a couple hours to get the new one mounted and everything switched around. I also had to run a class II wire from the headunit since my truck doesn't have RSA to tie into.

Went to the dealer and reprogrammed the headunit from non-lux to lux. Once the tech understood what I wanted to do it wasn't that big of a deal. Plug the Tech II into the truck and read the program out of the truck. Then go to the TIS computer and hook up the Tech II. Select the following VCI's


ID Selected# Description
1 10357895 Software to support new radio hardware.
2 15064112 North America/Domestic
3 15064134 For C/K/H2: UQ7 with Y91/Y92. For S/T: With UQA. IMPORTANT: "AMP" appears in Class 2 Message Monitor, Amp. has 3 connectors.
4 15126143 New calibrations to reduce chime volume.
5 10357882 Software to support new radio hardware.



Download them to the Tech II, then go to the truck and upload it into the truck. Uploading to the truck took the longest.


The lux sound is definitely better. My left rear speaker doesnt seem to be working. Should be easy enough to diagnose. I'll have to double check my wiring, for all I know it could be the speaker. Don't know that I ever heard the rear speakers at all with the premium system.
I would like to do the same on my Yukon XL SUV.

If I want to upgrade my UC6 Non-Lux H/U (with the integrated 6-CD changer that came with the SLT package) with a LUX amp first, then later install a LUX TNR can I do this with the same LUX amp?

Also, are VCIs the same for the SUV body?

-P.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should be able to upgrade your UC6 to lux. I'm not sure if the the VCI's are the same, but I dont know why they'd be different.

Later when you get a LUX TNR you can swap out the uc6. You may have to take it in to have a VIN relearn done on the TNR. And yes the LUX amp will work with both. Just make sure you don't plug the amp in until you get your UC6 programmed to lux.
 

·
Bac To The Future
Joined
·
23,029 Posts
Prophet;1599962; said:
I would like to do the same on my Yukon XL SUV.

If I want to upgrade my UC6 Non-Lux H/U (with the integrated 6-CD changer that came with the SLT package) with a LUX amp first, then later install a LUX TNR can I do this with the same LUX amp?

Also, are VCIs the same for the SUV body?

-P.
Yes to both questions.

jollyrogr;1600146; said:
You should be able to upgrade your UC6 to lux. I'm not sure if the the VCI's are the same, but I dont know why they'd be different.

Later when you get a LUX TNR you can swap out the uc6. You may have to take it in to have a VIN relearn done on the TNR. And yes the LUX amp will work with both. Just make sure you don't plug the amp in until you get your UC6 programmed to lux.
You have learned much, my young apprentice! :lol: I'd have said the exact same thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
Would you do it again Jolly?
I'm finished with the Non-Lux TNR and the CDX but can't decide about the Lux amp.
BTW : Cutting the console for the CDX was a BI***. Took longer than all of the other mods combined.
 

·
Bac To The Future
Joined
·
23,029 Posts
Yes, cutting the console is a P.I.T.A.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I would do it again. The sound is much improved, and there's alot more volume there. The bass is still somewhat lacking, but not bad for an OEM system. I planned to add a sub anyway. Once I add a sub, this will be one rockin system. :rockit:
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top