Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Silverado 2500HD Ext Cab, 6.0L, long bed. EFI live by Black Bear Performanc, Yokohama 265/70/17
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this morning when I started my truck I got the service air bag system warning and light. I assumed it was an impact sensor, stopped in at dealer and was told instead it was code U0151 lost communication with air bag module. Dealer said they haven't seen it before and wanted to investigate more but I thought I would check on here first. I also noticed tonight I have a solid red light on the right side of my mirror. I called onstar Nd they ran diagnosis and said there was issue with connecting to the wireless communication system and also had an onstar code which was conveniently also a U0151 and also noted that it could not connect to air bag module. Has anyone ever seen this before and know what the issue may be and could both the air bag message and onstar issue be caused by the same problem? I have checked fuses under the hood and didn't see anything alarming. Also seemed to notice as I was getting ready to pull into my drive I unbuckled my seatbelt(yes as I was moving, I live in the country and there was no one else on road) and the seat belt warning did not come back on as it normally would(i need to double check, but i am fairly certain it did not). Passenger airbag is usually turned off, but did not make any difference when i tried turning it on. Attached is the onstar report for what its worth. Any help would be appreciated in advance. 2009 Silverado 2500HD ext cab 4x4 6.0L

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,348 Posts
It could be a worn/exposed wire. You could have some rust on grounds causing an issue.
I would start by inspecting the complete wire harness and ECM wires then go through all of your grounds

·
Registered
2009 Silverado 2500HD Ext Cab, 6.0L, long bed. EFI live by Black Bear Performanc, Yokohama 265/70/17
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the complete list of codes they pulled. I know the tire codes are not current, but I dont know how old the other communication codes are

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts