Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This maybe a stupid question but, is it o.k. to use fuel additive in every tank of fuel regardless of type of fuel that you get (low sulfer etc.)?

·
Registered
961 Posts
I use a bit at each fill up, you should not have a problem

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
It should help putting in the additive, not knowing how bad the fuel may be.

·
Registered
797 Posts
At least the additive is one thing you know you can control with the stuff that goes into your tank !!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
marvel mystery oil & stanadyne with every fill up

·
Registered
363 Posts
Stanadyne with every tank full for me.

From the looks of my filters, Stanadyne is good stuff.

·
Native Texan
292 Posts
I use Lucas in every tank

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've been using Lucas, just started using Amsoil Consintrate & Cetane Boost=every fillup

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I use Stanadyne with every tank! I have done this since new and have had good luck with it. When I changed the fuel filter at 10,000 miles, it looked very good. Find what works for you and stick with it.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Started using Stanadyne every tank after the switch to ultra low sulfer fuel, couldn't take the noise anymore. Using the performance formula which has some extra lubricity and keeps fuel gel away in the cold. Will switch to the lubricity only in the Spring.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Howes in every fillup,year round.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Every tank. You never know what the quality of the fuel your getting is. After reading about it here I picked up a case of Stanadyne Performance formula. Honestly I'm not sure if I can notice any difference. My fuel mileage did not go up at all... which I was really hoping for. I had been using Marvel Mystery Oil since it was new and stopped to see what the Stanadyne did for it without other influences and it seemed to get louder after a few tanks so I started putting in both and it is nice and quiet & smooth now. From the consistency of it I would say the MMO is a better lubricator & I know it cleans really well. I figured I would try Stanadyne for the cetane boost, gel protection but I'm not sure I will stay with it once it warms up. Just kinda pissed there was no improvment in milage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts