Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've removed the bed from my truck. There are two electrical modules mounted above and to each side of the plate that the spare tire used to hang from. I think one is fuel pump related, and I'm fairly certain the other is the trailer brake controller. Both are mounted horizontally, pushed up tight to the bottom of the bed. The question is, if I had to, is there any reason why I can't re-mount both of them vertically? I'm trying to package some equipment in that space, and it's looking like I won't have enough room to leave them oriented the way they are.

Anyone?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
NO problem. Mount then any way you want.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NO problem. Mount then any way you want.
That's the answer I was hoping for. If nearly anyone else had responded, I might have questioned the source. However, your reputation for mastery of the subject precedes you. Vertical they'll go.

Thank you!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should've named this "Help me with all the mysteries of building a flatbed for my truck."

The OEM taillights are gone, replaced with LED fixtures. Blinkers are doing double-time. I put LED bulbs in my '07, and had the same problem, but don't have any record of which flasher was the fix. Does anyone know a specific flasher that'll solve that problem, so I can avoid going into fifteen parts places? Also, I understand now that, even once the flasher has been replaced, and the hyper-flash remedied, I may get a 'wattage lower than stock' fault message of some sort.

Has anyone seen and solved this problem already?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scratch that, I got it.

Just FYI, apparently there's no flasher anymore, that function is controlled by the BCM. I have an appointment with my local dealer's commercial vehicle service department. They'll call in an order with GM, GM with send them a new program, they'll plug it in, and voila! No more hyper-flash.

Reactions: OkDually
1 - 5 of 5 Posts