Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is also printed in the FASS thread, but I thought it would be a good stand alone thread as well...

I just watched the Two Guys Garage show on the lift pump.. What a hype on several issues.

1. They first ran the truck with a 5-inch exhaust, but no before hp-tq numbers were given with the stock exhaust. That goof ball Sam Mememlo claimed that the early torque peak was directly due to the exhaust system, but how about a pretest 'duh' so we can see really if the 5-incher does in fact do what you claim it does.

2. They installed the FASS, but again, no testing afterward to see any Hp Tq numbers. (ah, Memo to Sam, again, how about a post-test on your sponsors parts?)

3. They then installed the hypertech unit, but then gave the hp-tq numbers after the FASS installation and raved about how great the hypertech was. Ah gee guys, what actually did the FASS do prior to kicking up the hyperteck to a 75 hp level?

This show is lame in my opinion, not to mention a total advertising hype for their sponsors. Reminds me of both times my Camaro was cover and feature articles in Car Craft and Chevy High Performance a few years ago. When they wrote the articles, both times they insisted to write about parts installed in my car that didn’t exist (I didn’t have a accel distributor, nor Crane lifters, nor used valvoline oil, nor Richmond Gears, etc).

I was really disappointed in the show tonight, it was almost like watching a infomercial on the parts that they installed… good grief what a bunch of goofy guys.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Um the Airdog weren't it ?? I missed the show ...

Of course it's a info commercial .... Doesn't take away the fact that it is a solid HD unit ... If you have ever held a Fuel Preporator, as an example, it's a rugged well built Prefilter,Pump and final filtering unit ...

If your in the market or have the need do to HP fuel demand or desire to take your fuel system from Vacuum to low pressure ....Something The Cummings has done with a nearly identical Bosch fuel system with a smaller Cubic inch displacement ...

I would seriously consider installing one on my Max if I were to have the need .....

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
909 Posts
Those guys are a piece of work. They peddle anything and try to sell it as common man garage items. At least one of them owns a Dmax.

·
Banned
394 Posts
well if you guys didnt like the show turn the damn channel

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rickles

yeah, had I known BEFORE I watched the entire show that the content would be lame and un-educational, and be more of an infomercial in nature, you're right, I would have never turned it on. In fact, I would probably learn more on Lift Pumps had I watched the Ronco Food Processor infomercial which was on at the same time.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
rickles04 said:
well if you guys didnt like the show turn the damn channel

Thats what I done.

·
Registered
520 Posts
They should call it "Two dillholes garage"

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Preporator and Fass are two totally different products produced by father/son. Word is, son knocked off pop's product as was supposedly proven in Federal Patent Court.

Someone was telling me the other day that one of the two invented the Tornado for the intake as well

As to the subject of air, I wonder why it is that guys who colllect large amounts of aitr in their filters (specifically my setup) are somehow miraculously cured by adding a lift pump with no return or bypass...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Kennedy said:
As to the subject of air, I wonder why it is that guys who colllect large amounts of aitr in their filters (specifically my setup) are somehow miraculously cured by adding a lift pump with no return or bypass...

JK,

If you didn't change the channel to the Ronco Food Processor infomercial and continued to watch the "Two dillholes garage", you'd know the answer to the miraculous cures of their product.

Or not.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, but now I have the tastiest chopped carrots and cabbage salad mix to go with my delicious pork tenderloin, all cooked in my Ronco microwave. I'm now learning how to freeze dry bananas and pears in my Ronco food processor. My lift pump never tasted that good!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts