Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well. Working once again on my day off (suplise suplise) I had some tow duties to do. 7800KGS of trailer and garbage to the dump. On the return trip there is a merge lane (6 mile hill) on a 6% gradient back to the main road which then splits to 4 lane. As i am accelerating briskly, I shoulder check to make sure the traffic is clear. Wonder of wonders. A 2003CTD towing a 2 horse trailer (empty). He moves to the fast lane and i notice a huge cloud of black love out his pipe as he gets slightly ahead of me.

I tried. God only knows how hard I tried to resist the temptation. But I failed. Again.

Laid about halfway into the throttle (keep in ming he had a headstart) and caught up. Well, the CTD owner would have none of that, So I hear an HX40 spoolin! I look over and see a TST box on the dash! ALLRIGHT! GAME ON!

He is talking smack to his wife.. i could see that much because she looked over at me and started laughing.... laughing! Can you believe that stuff?

So, the next thing i know I am doing the doubletap finger dance to bring on Full Comp mode on my Juice (i was unstacked today go figure:mad: ) so with a tiny black puff, took the twins to 40 psig and 106 mph, leaving the CTD driver to wonder what just happened?

Lane merges to one and he follows my bumper into town.

Next thing I know he is beside me at the wallyworld stoplight on the main drag in town. He toots his horn and I roll down my window. He says "What do you have? I have a TST, Injectors, built automatic and 4" Exhaust, HX40 Turbo"

My reply was " Stock Injectors, Edge Juice, DTT Trans, 4" Exhaust"

He then wanted to go from a dig (keep in mind his puny trailer compared to my hydraulic dump trailer.)

The Results: He got slaughtered. After I pedalled to regain traction, (I let the smoke out of my tires againCensored ) Caught and passed him easily. Twins singing their sonorous counterpoint to screaming tires.

At the next light I toot my horn and roll down the passenger window. I said "oops, sorry, I forgot to mention I have Twin Turbos on here... my bad."

Needless to say, he was 'all big and bad' about his rig until he got skooled hardcore (now look at him... all back of the bus etc).

We stopped at my work afterwards and he took a took at Nathan's handiwork... and we shook hands and laughed like hell at the games rednecks play.

"Dragracing With Trailers In Tow"

Did I mention he was a good sport about it? I did tell him there was more he could do to his rig in the future!

Burns #2, Good Power, and good sportsmanship... that's what it is all about!:ro)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Wish my 6.5 could do that.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Good kill again Juice. Way to show them.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Good write up too!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nice kill!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Good kill,even better story/write up. That poor guy must have been puzzled at first.I did the same thing to a poor unsuspecting chipped PSD, a few yrs ago,exc he didnt have a trailer,and i still walked him,lol.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Oh here you go with the stories again. Lay off the ale!!! LOL!

Good job!

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
234 Posts
We stopped at my work afterwards and he took a took at Nathan's handiwork... and we shook hands and laughed like hell at the games rednecks play.

"Dragracing With Trailers In Tow"
I would of set him straight! That ain't the work of no redneck but rather an elusive Mountain jack. (But then again thats just me.):lol:

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it still amazes me how you can still find unsuspecting victims to race in cran.:confused:
Look stock, drive slow, and keep the big guns hidden... until needed.

Although, word does get around....;) When someone hears that word they actually come looking for me if they happen to 'have something' for me:eek:

I've won more than lost.... but that doesn't mean i will go hunting for the 468BBC 2x4 1050 dominator carbed, 7 speed lenco shifted , nitrous sniffing 68 firebird that lives here.

Uh-huh.... no way would I win that one. It's got much bigger guns in it.:eek:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Hmm, I see a movie deal in the making! Sell your story to Hollywood! hmm, "Twin Peaks"...nope, been used...
"Whistlin' Dixie"?
:D

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Nice):h

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
my hero:ro)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status