·
Registered
5,164 Posts

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably why my 16 van doesn’t have one from the factory
Instead of putting a better one in a good spot just eliminate it and put more $$$ in GM pocket.

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
What cooler is that?

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What cooler is that?
The top one is a dual fan Setrab that I installed in 2015. Recently I had 1 original fan die and the other fan that is 3 years old is thinking about dying so I am waiting on 2 new ones. I took the fans off while I was under there so when/if the new ones show up I can slap on and go. The bottom one is Derale 26" dual pass that I had on before I bought the Setrab. I put it back on since my fuel temps are out of control right now.

If I was to do it all over again I would go with one up front. I think the ultimate set up would be a custom dual fluid cooler up front with 1/2 for transmission and the other 1/2 for fuel. Nobody takes fuel temps serious so I cannot convince any of the mfgs to make one. I think it would be a big seller for truck guys. I have thought about buying some aluminum cores to mock one up and tack weld together with my mig aluminum spool gun then have someone tig it together for me. I do not think it would cost me much but it would be very time consuming with pulling the TDK, grille and all time spent picking the right size tanks/cores etc.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hot fuel returns more easily when injectors start to wear. Hot fuel will result in a loss of MPG/power. Ashphaltenes will start dropping out at 140* slowly plugging your fuel filters with tiny little black specs. 80*+ AAT, combined with injector seat wear, and under load temps can hit 200*. The ECM starts pulling power when temps hit around 210*

·
Registered
921 Posts
Hot fuel returns more easily when injectors start to wear. Hot fuel will result in a loss of MPG/power. Ashphaltenes will start dropping out at 140* slowly plugging your fuel filters with tiny little black specs. 80*+ AAT, combined with injector seat wear, and under load temps can hit 200*. The ECM starts pulling power when temps hit around 210*
I used to get black filters even when my van was near new....

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I used to get black filters even when my van was near new....
I notice a very substantial difference in color between Summer/Winter filters.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The ECM monitors fuel temp? Interesting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts