Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 HD Duramax Chevy, turned ignition switch off when I got home but something is still running under the engine. I had to disconnect the batteries to get it to stop! the engine will not attempt to even turn over when I try to start it again.( with batteries reconnected!)Any ideas?:(

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Starter stuck? Try to bang on it with a hammer.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yes. Tow it to the stealer since it's still under warranty and if the starter stayed engaged while underway you probably have other issues

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
2005 HD Duramax Chevy, turned ignition switch off when I got home but something is still running under the engine. I had to disconnect the batteries to get it to stop! the engine will not attempt to even turn over when I try to start it again.( with batteries reconnected!)Any ideas?:(
Samething happened to me , it was the starter , they towed it to the dealer and replaced it. It's not the same truck I have now it was an 02 HD Chevy

·
Registered
294 Posts
an "05", try anyway, then call their consumer help line, maybe you can get them to cover parts... worth a try, most that can happen is they cover some of the cost as customer goodwill.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
the 100k warranty on the motor should cover the flywheel and starter.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I was wondering about that, just what does the 100K cover. Long block and injectors, or does it also cover everything external that bolts to it (turbo, injector pumps, harness's ect.

·
Registered
294 Posts
looked it up..

The engine parts listed next continue to be covered, subject to a $100.00 deductible, for 5 years or 100,000 miles, which ever comes first.

Cylinder block and heads and all internal parts, intake and exhaust manifolds, timing gears, timing gear chain or belt and cover, flywheel, harmonic balancer, valve covers, oil pan, oil pump, water pump, fuel pump, engine mounts, seals and gaskets

Diesel Fuel Metering System: injection pump, nozzles, high pressure lines and high pressure sealing devices

Glow Plug Control System: control/glow plug assembly, glow plugs, cold advance relay, and ECM

Fuel injection control module, integral oil cooler, transmission adapter plate, left and right common fuel rails, fuel filter assembly, fuel temperature sensor and function block
See the flywheel is in there, but did not see the starter listed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts