Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just what I need is another issue to deal with. Today out of the blue the right turn will not flash. Everything flashes fine with the hazards on. It tries to flash once with a weak click but nothing and the lights do not even come on solid. So turn signal stalk or flasher ?

·
Registered
921 Posts
I looked into this the other day while debating if I should change all my bulbs to led. Tired of removing the taillights to change bulbs. Didn't do it yet....
But there is a rectangular little black module under dash sorta behind the cluster. And a new module is around 50 to 60 dollars. And the new ones are led compatible supposedly, so that you don't need resistors if you change to led bulbs.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked into this the other day while debating if I should change all my bulbs to led. Tired of removing the taillights to change bulbs. Didn't do it yet....
But there is a rectangular little black module under dash sorta behind the cluster. And a new module is around 50 to 60 dollars. And the new ones are led compatible supposedly, so that you don't need resistors if you change to led bulbs.
I have been running all LED for years. That heavy duty flasher can only handle LED in the rear. So for the fronts you either use resistors or buy the LED bulbs that have them built in.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Looks like I need to order a flasher since local part stores do not want to carry any van parts. It is just getting stupid the lack of van parts in this state. Especially when you have the same parts that cover 10+ years worth of vans.

·
Registered
921 Posts

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Parts store is 30 miles away so I will run in and grab something if I can get it today. If they have to order it I might as well do that myself and pay less, no 60 mile round trip, delivered to my house in 2 days with Amazon Prime.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here we go again with screwing around chasing problems. Put a new flasher in and no change. Took the trailer wiring out of the loop and no change. Swapped bulbs around and no change.

What am I missing ?

·
Premium Member
17,931 Posts
I seem to recall a trick using a penny and dime (nickel?) wedged between the flasher button and the trim, forcing the button forward.
Try holding the flasher button forward, or sideways, while the offending turn signal is requested.

·
Premium Member
17,931 Posts
And the factory flasher module is an LM455, and the LED compatible is an LM487.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never mind all of this since obviously I am totally useless. It was just a bad resistor. I really do deserve to be beaten by a pack of roadkill gophers.

·
Registered
921 Posts
And the factory flasher module is an LM455, and the LED compatible is an LM487.
Those look way different than what I've seen.. I come up with the lm502 for the vans.... At least the earlier 2003-2007.

Never mind all of this since obviously I am totally useless. It was just a bad resistor. I really do deserve to be beaten by a pack of roadkill gophers.
What resistor? You mean fuse?

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LED resistors for the front turn signals.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,931 Posts
I was going by my '07 C7500...everything else is van based.

·
Registered
921 Posts
LED resistors for the front turn signals.

Did you put in a lm502? And did you try it without the resistors installed? I'm wondering if it really works with leds without resistors.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did you put in a lm502? And did you try it without the resistors installed? I'm wondering if it really works with leds without resistors.
The heavy duty flasher only works with rear LED lights.

·
Registered
921 Posts

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
921 Posts
I'm curious why you didn't try the novita lm502, which claims it works with leds. And then remove those resistors. The front turn signal resistors must get real hot from the drl being on all the time.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm curious why you didn't try the novita lm502, which claims it works with leds. And then remove those resistors. The front turn signal resistors must get real hot from the drl being on all the time.
That is the same exact flasher as the AcDelco. These flashers are for cutaway vans where in most cases the bodies being put on have LED lights.

·
Registered
921 Posts
So I bought the novita lm502 from oreilly auto like I linked above. Changed all my exterior bulbs to led, and I didn't need to put resistors anywhere. Flash works like normal.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts