Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cracked driver side mirror and am considering replacing it along with the passenger one with some that have the turn indicators built in. Anybody know if they would work? I can take the door apart and look at the power mirror plug to see, probably should anyway, but just curious if anyone knew or had already done it.

·
Registered
897 Posts
See my very old thread.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Slick, an very helpful! Much appreciate. So it appears the plug is prewired and would work with the factory signal mirrors If I go that route. Thanks again

·
Registered
11 Posts
I didn't read the linked post above but I can say that the mirrors with turn signal do work. I have a 2002 express with 2008 mirrors (aftermarket) with the turn signal. I ran wires to the front turn signal for power. I also swapped the mirrors in a 2019 to mirrors ( oem) with a turn signal. This one was plug and play

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right on. Thanks for the quick responses. I should get to this pretty soon and I’ll report back the results.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I forgot to mention that the 2019 is the powered and heated mirror with the turn signal wiring already in place. The 2002 were manual.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I kinda figured that when you mentioned running power. Mine does have powered heated mirrors from the factory. Thanks again

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update, mirrors arrived from 1aauto. They are not GM factory units so we will see how they fair, but for $150 total for the pair I though they were worth trying to confirm the signal portion would work. A bad initial sign was that the passenger side mirror was broken when it arrived. The amber housing at the corner had broken off. 1aauto is sending a replacement unit 2nd day...props to them for good service.

Drivers side was a simple plug and play and works perfectly so this confirms again that at least on some newer vans the wiring is already done for the turn signal. I've got two power GM factory mirrors available if anybody wants them. Free to a good home. Driver's side is cracked on the lower wide angle section.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You might notice the turn signal lens fills up with water when it rains, i drilled a small hole 1/8” at the lowest point to drain.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I tried aftermarket mirrors and they would shake terrible on the highway

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I tried aftermarket mirrors and they would shake terrible on the highway
Small stick-on wheel weight on the backside of the glass will sometimes completely stop the shake.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all. Yea the shaking is my biggest concern. We will see how it goes. I‘m not into them much so I’ll pull the trigger on some higher quality ones if these do shake.

Drilling a hole seems like an easy solution for the water. I’ll keep an eye out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mirrors are working fine so I've got a set of factory power ones taking up space. Free to a good home. Lower wide angle lens on the drivers side is cracked.

·
Administrator
15,965 Posts
Mirrors are working fine so I've got a set of factory power ones taking up space. Free to a good home. Lower wide angle lens on the drivers side is cracked.
Create an ad over in the Marketplace for those mirrors
(y)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts