Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the cheapest way to add turn signals in the mirrors?....thats one of the few options that I wanted, but didn't get.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I sell all the GM OEM mirrors including the "full-featured" mirrors (power, heated, built in turn signal, puddle light, power fold). I'm listed in the vendor forum also. The full-featured mirrors are $250/pair shipped USPS Priority mail to your door. This would be the easier upgrade path ... once mirrors are installed you will most likely have to take truck to dealer to have them reprogram your computer with the RPO code 'DL3' I believe. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. tophog(at)comcast.net

·
Registered
227 Posts
I looked at tophog's price on the DPF's. Good price. When I bought my 2003, I wanted the DPF's. They were $55 on the truck for an LT and $238 on an LS. Dealer had a truck on the lot just like mine but with the standard mirror. We talked to the parts guy about ordering them and replacing them, but he didn't know if they would work. They appeared to work the same as the folding ones (for the car wash) in switch operation, but at $540 per mirror it was out of the question as I wasn't eating it and neither was the dealer. At the time he also wasn't sure they would work even though the switch operation appeared the same (now I know about the reflash). Solution was a dealer trade (couldn't find one in color/accessories within a reasonable distance) or ordering the truck. I opted for ordering. There was no reason to buy a $40K plus truck that needed slip over mirrors for trailering. The mirrors work excellent. A 2 inch spotter in the lower outside corner really improved their usefulness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This post has been edited as this user is not authorized vendor. when the criteria has been met the usr will be free to post.

Diesel PowerEdited by: Diesel Power

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mforsland,

I'll be placing an order for the replacement glass w/ signal in the next few days. I hope they're not too tricky to install.

Thanks for the post

1 - 9 of 9 Posts